Dry Lube Lead Alloy Bullets

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Claudius Valarium, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Claudius Valarium

Claudius Valarium Member

So. Central TX, AKA the Middle of Flyover Country
    Anyone have any thoughts or experience with these dry lubed lead bullets from Precision Bullets?

http://www.precisionbullets.com/

Supposed to be a little more expensive than lead bullets but cheaper than jacketed bullets. Also, supposed to have the accuracy of jacketed and are relatively clean for the barrel.

Thanks in advance for the input.
  2. 243winxb

243winxb New Member

Thoughts- A swaged bullet will be more accurate than cast. The certified 6/2 lead alloy, if antimony & tin, works well with cast. But why use expen$ive tin in a coated bullet? Antimony does most all of the harding. In cast bullets, tin is said to bind the metals together, and help reduce leading. With a coating, no metal will contact the rifling or will it? Will the lands cut into the dry lube? If the lube is that tough, will it wear the barrel more than lead or jacketed? This is the first test i would do. >
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Get em todd. Try em out and post feedback for us.