DRYER LINT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 358 winchester, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Rofl

Sounds like it worked well!

Maybe a flat rock or something to sit the can on would help? Might be better utilized as an "ice hole maker" (I know, I know:D ) than a hand warmer. :D

Crpdeth
  2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Is this the sappy root area Berto? I've read where you can find a small pine tree that has recently broken off at the trunk and fallen over and basicly beat the root out of the ground, then there is an area just under the base that is really sappy...People state that they use it to get a good fire going then actually pull it out of the fire, smother it and use it again and again in that manner.

*Things I must try*

Crpdeth

*edit*

I actually found the blog that I was reading on this.

http://www.survivalmonkey.com/Fat-lighter.htm

Crpdeth
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  3. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

DON"T SIT ON IT WHILE IT IS BURNING :eek: and put the fire out before using for its intended purpose :D :D :D
  4. hoser1

hoser1 New Member

You can put dryer lint in those cardboard egg cartons and pour gulfwax in with the lint and have some cool fire starters. The 2 can stove is a great idea and I'm gonna make one or two. I've used the coffee can/ toilet paper/ rubbing alcohol heaters for years. they work great. In the boat when it's colder'n a witches tit, they are handy indeed. Course, now they have these cool heaters you screw onto a propane bottle that put out some real heat.
    Keeps the tent warm.