Ducks 3, Me 0

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (10/24/02 9:37:45 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    Ducks 3, Me 0
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As in three times duck hunting and have not shot any. Just can't get them to settle into the decoys for some reason.

Figured I need a change of luck so I put that wimpy plastic bennelli away and am taking the trusty A5 in the morning.

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/24/02 10:17:53 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Ducks 3, Me 0
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Warpig -

Just ta make ya jealous - had a roast duck supper again tonight. Baked potato, green beans, and cranberry relish rounded out the meal, yum!

I don't bother with dekes. Five minute or less walk from my house puts me on ducks (kinda nice having the river running right through my property). Only took the walk twice this year, total of ten ducks bagged.

Of course, the river walk duck hunt ain't really hunting as much as it is grocery shopping. Not exactly a ton of skill involved in sneaking up to the riverbank edge, standing up, and looking at the VERY surprised looks on the duck's "faces" as they scramble for altitude!

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (10/25/02 3:11:07 pm)
    Piggy, ya gotta take off the tinfoil hat. It scares the hell out of the ducks! Also, you need to get a more sexy sounding duck call. You are hunting midwest ducks, not San Fran Ducks.

Hey, Bin Lauden, our women can kick you butt!

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/25/02 5:10:23 pm)

Quote:
    not San Fran Ducks

by golly... that's funny

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (10/27/02 2:03:05 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Ducks 3, Me 0
    Ducks 4 Jason 0

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (10/27/02 5:41:15 pm)
    Hey Jason, try those buddits with the little round pellets in it. I know that they are heavier, but they work better than trying to kill the waterfowl with just the wad!

Hey, Bin Lauden, our women can kick you butt!

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (10/27/02 6:13:06 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Ducks 3, Me 0
    Good one Kevin

actually I think I did hit a duck with a wad the other day. They were hovering right above me, I shot and feathers flew everywhere. I think my wad hit the duck next to the one I hit with the shot. They were both laughing as they flew away.

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/27/02 7:38:50 pm)
    Few things are nastier than the sound of ducks laughing at ya!

Been there.