Ducks

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by GMFWoodchuck, Nov 29, 2009.

1. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

When I was driving back from Mass. the other day I drove by a pond that was below the highway (I88) in cobleskill. The pond couldn't have been an acre. But I wish I had a picture of it because I know there was at least 1500 ducks on it. The entire pond was covered and there wasn't one spot that I could see in which there was more than two feet of open water. The entire duck population of New York must have been on it. I know that is one poluted body of water now :eek:. I'm not even sure how a duck could take off from it because there was no "open lanes."
  2. red14

red14 Active Member

Wow, that is way-cool. It must have been a 'lifetime altering moment'! A special moment in nature. I am envious. I once was walking in the Everglades, and millions (or so it seemed) white birds took off and flew over me. It was as if it was an eclipse, just mind staggering. I just stood there and took it all in. I'll never forget it. It was as if I was back in prehistoric times. I felt so small, yet excited.:cool:;);):D:D:D
  3. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

Of course it was another one of those "I wasn't hunting for that" moments and had the wrong tools. Freightliners work on deer quite well but they fail pretty miserably against ducks on water...