Dumb Question of the day

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

BlackGun
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/22/01 12:37:49 pm)
    Reply Dumb Question of the day
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just bought a couple of Browning break down .22 auto loader and don't have a clue how to break the barrel down. I pushed forward on the barrel lock, pushed the breach block back a 1/4" and them some and tried to twist clock and counter clock wise and the barrel won't budge. What am I doing wrong? Someone please walk me through removing the barrel before I break the butt stock off from twisting.
    Thanks for the help
    rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
    BlackGUN

Edited by: BlackGun at: 7/22/01 4:31:49 pm

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (7/22/01 3:39:53 pm)
    Reply Re: Dumb Question of the day
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BG, these normally breakdown very easily. I have seen some though, that have "never" been broken down and are seized. By pushing the takedown button and rotating counter clockwise....( about 1/4 to 1/2 turn) it should come apart. If not, try the clockwise(been awhile) if it will not seperate, still. Take a rubber or wood mallet and strike the union...at the receiver and barrel junction "lightly" several times and this should cure the problem. These were pretty tight from the factory and if it was never broken down, it may have seized....it can be done though, with no damage to the gun. Regards LTS
    "am not" R2

BlackGun
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/22/01 6:01:58 pm)
    Thanks LTS: U D Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The 5# dead blow did the trick. Man this thing (1) {hadn't gotten to #2 yet}, was full of powder residue, it was so bad it looked like burnt never seize and charcoal mixed together (the previous owner should have been hung).

#2 GUN
    Well, I used gun scrub and the 5# dead blow till I was blue in the face the second one won't come apart, nada, nope, ain't happenin! Not today, any WHO!
    rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
    BlackGUN

Edited by: BlackGun at: 7/22/01 7:59:47 pm

Xracer
    (7/23/01 3:08:16 pm)
    If you can take the stock off (so you don't ruin the wood), try a penetrating oil like Liquid Wrench and let it soak overnight. If that doesn't work, try carburator cleaner.

shootforfun
    (8/3/01 12:55:35 pm)
    OK, here's my dumb question that has probably already been answered 1000 times here.
    How do I get a little picture under my screen name like some here have? Thanks anyone who can help.

LIKTOSHOOT
    (8/3/01 10:19:41 pm)
    SFF, wish I could help you...but I`m low man on the stick, when it comes to anyting but typing (ain`t real good at that either) But a big welcome to ya....WELCOME!!! LTS
    "am not" R2

Alphamale
    (8/4/01 6:55:56 am)
    Welcome to the board shootforfun. Go into your control center, edit profile, make sure you have all of the url in the space for the url, and make sure you checked the box that says " use personal pic" under where you have the url.
    To run from trouble is foolish, to look for it... even more so

Xracer
    (8/4/01 8:37:58 am)
    Welcome shootforfun. Computer expertise is not a requirement for being a member of TFF.....if it were, many of us would've been outta here long ago.

kdubaz
    (8/4/01 11:29:10 am)
    Howdy, SFF -

Enjoy the board and appreciate you joining in the discussions.
    Keep below the ridgeline!

shootforfun
    (8/4/01 8:31:26 pm)
    Thanks for the welcome! I have a question...........

No matter what I do I cannot get any picture to post under my name. I have photos on
    photopoint.com and I have followed all the instructions on the EZ boards but even after I put in the URL
    only a broken symbol of a picture appears. Does anyone know what I have to do? The uRL from the pic is:

albums.photopoint.com/j/V...509798&f=0

Alphamale
    (8/4/01 9:02:24 pm)
    Shootforfun, hope you don't mind, but I copied the pic and put it on one of my online albums to try and make it work.
    Here's the url: www.webphotos.com/member/...246411.jpg

To run from trouble is foolish, to look for it... even more so

shootforfun
    (8/5/01 6:27:52 am)
    alphamale: Thanks for the help. I have pasted the URL into my profile but my guess is it will
    not work. I do appreciate the help tho. I cannot get this board to load right. It takes so long I may as well read a book waiting. I will return here when I can get these boards to load correctly. I do like what I have found here and hope to be able to post here.