Dumoulin 12 Guage

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by redlee, Mar 12, 2007.

1. redlee

redlee New Member

I have a double barrel 12 Guage shot gun, the name on it is T. or R. Dumoulin & Co. Its hard to read, but I think this is what it says. It also has a inlayed silver star on the stock some one says its a Sherrifs or police gun. Is this possible. Any info on this gun would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. Andy E

Andy E New Member

While the star on the stock is a mystery to me, Dumoulin is listed in the blue book of gun values as a Belgian gunsmith who maunfactured high grade firearms. Try checking under the barrels for more markings. Good luck!
  3. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

20 years ago I refinised the stock on a side by side 12ga. Duoulin. It was indeed a high Quality piece. recut the checkering as well it was a war trothy from Leiege Belguim, and looking back perhaps it was a mistake, as tothe value of the gun. I guess it is amoot point as it went up in a house fire some years later. Does your have a horn butt plate and a black carver horn trigger guard? this would help Date the gun and is allso a mark of the quality of it as well. Blue book vales are also a possibility if one knows the "grade" of the modle or example of the one you have.