dunkin doughnuts has better security

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shorter260513, Aug 2, 2012.

1. shorter260513

shorter260513 New Member

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...rotesters-breach-4-fences-reach-building?lite
    what happened to use of deadly force authorized beyond this point I dont care if they were hippies harvard grads or terrorists they should have never made it through the second fence homeland security pounces on anybody with a gun who says something they dont like but a bunch of damn hippies can run right up to the uranium storage bldg and stick signs all over it :eek:
  2. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The security sucks for sure. I don't get the laxity with the situation in the world today. I worked at Pantex, nuc production plant, a long time ago--these guys would have had a tough time then. But times and attitudes change and with the current administration, we are at great risk.
  3. skullfr

skullfr New Member

This is exactly why I am outspoken about our border security.Our enemies can cause massive detruction with a well coordinated attack on facilities such as these or the huge numbers of petro chemical plants.It is thier goal to wipe the non muslim off the face of earth and these are perfect targets.
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I started working in the Security Business back in 69, and was active on, and off till 2010. No Security Personell are not trained nearly enough, and most get no training at all. I can not tell you how many times I have gone thru metal dectors, and x-ray, and still got thru with weapons, as a training aid.
  5. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Member

This is the same private security company that came up short at the London Olympics this year. The brits had to call in their Army to take up the slack. Sometimes privatization isn't a good idea!
  6. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    These hardened criminals can get to a nuclear bomb plant and paint slogans on the building and I can't get on a plane to go see my brother without getting my testicles x-rayed with harmful radiation or groped by a sexual deviant drawing a government pay check.

Instead of low paying gigs as a Walmart greeter our seniors with police and military training should be given a hefty pay increase and put to work as Security at these kinds of plants. A few Rottweilers and Dobermans running around freely would help a lot too. Hippie or nun makes no difference to them., butt meat is butt meat and the intruders won't be able to run far or fast with 90 pounds of dog hanging from their back side. :D
  7. Dennis C

Dennis C New Member

I wonder how far a bunch of armed fanatical terrorists could have gotten?

Headlines would have read "Terrorists steal one thousand pounds of weapons grade plutonium!"

Sometimes I feel that people in charge here are trying their best to flush this country down the toilet.
  8. skullfr

skullfr New Member

Its not the stealing that Im concerned about but placement of explosives in a sensitive area of any reactor or petro chemical plant that is a real danger.Look what happened when two ships with ammonium nitrate exploded in Texas Cityin 1947.The second video is the reactor damage in Japan.Notice it was uploaded by Al jezeera who loves getting this type of info

http://youtu.be/TworcINhDhQ

http://youtu.be/6Q6C8US20jI
  9. Country101

Country101 Active Member

I'm not too sure about all this. From my experience, there are quite a few acronyms missing here. NRC, INPO, DOE, and others are not mentioned. I know this is government run, but still, there should be a lot of other people being mentioned. And for a GOVERNMENT facility, they should have more security than private facilities, I would think. We heard nothing about this officially and any time there are events such as this or even terrorist threats, we get notified.

As for training, Nuclear Security shoots more than the state police and WAY more than locals. However, private security, even at a nuc facility, only has the same powers as a private citizen.

Not saying this didnt happen, but there is a lot of info missing or somebody REALLY screwed up.