1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Dutch Mannlicher ?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Faerbz, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Faerbz

Faerbz New Member

I want to id this rifle, get an approximate date of manufacture, and an approximate value.

I believe it to be a 6.5mm Dutch Mannlicher of some type.

As far as markings: Hembrug 1908 on the wood stock butt, Hembrug 1917 on the receiver. 5001A serial number with royal symbol above the #s. All parts matching serial# including stock. Long barrel with wing-tip sight. As far as blue, I am an amateur at judging this so hopefully the picture shows. There is still quite a bit of blue left. The bore looks really clean. There is pitting on the steel butt-plate.

I think there was probably wood down the length of the barrel with bayonet lug in its earlier life and is not present today?

I have an older copy of a blue book of gun values but couldn't id this rifle using it.

Attached Files:

2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

The "Standard Catalog of Military Firearms" lists the Dutch Mannlicher at:

Excellent $250
    Very Good $200
    Good $125
    Fair $75
    Poor $50