1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

DVD player and Computer Monitor?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LDBennett, Jul 6, 2007.

1. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

I have tried every where I can think of and I am not getting any answers so maybe someone here knows?????

I have a DVD player with component outputs (Y, Pb, Pr) and a Progressive Scan option. Can I use this with a Computer Monitor with component inputs?

The monitors I am familiar with from over ten years ago were label with R G B with sync on G (I think???). Are modern component video inputs for Computer Monitors Y, Pb, Pr or R, G, B or is this all the same?????

I can not seem to find anyone who knows??????

If I don't need the tuner in a TV why buy it? Computer Monitors are much less expensive. This is for a travel trailer mini home theater. I got the DVD player/mini home theater (DVD/CD player with audio system including AM/FM tuner). It would only be used for audio and playing DVD's and never used for live TV reception. I am contemplating a flat screen monitor purchase but before I look or buy I want reassurances that it will even work.

Can someone help?

LDBennett
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2007