1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

DW Commander Bobtail

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by BigZig, Mar 25, 2006.

1. BigZig

BigZig New Member

I really want to buy a Dan Wesson Commander Bobtail. It has so many extras included in it for around $900 I can hardly resist. However, the talk around my local gunshop and range is that DW offers no support/service for their weapons once you buy it. This would be a bad position to be in. I thought that once CZ bought them, maybe their support would be better. What do you think?
  2. stash247

stash247 New Member

Zig, try Ed Brown. His support is legendary, as are his pistols, and other products, in quality.
    He developed the 'bobtail' concept, which others copy.
    In the case of his guns, no support is needed, in that they are right, before they are shipped!
  3. punchie

punchie Member

At the 2000 SHOT Show I ordered and paid for a Guardian Duce (Commander) off of the prototype on display. I waited 8 months for production to begin and when I received the gun it had an ill-fitted Caspian extractor. One quick call to DW and they issued a FedEx call tag to return for repair. One week of turn around time the gun was returned fixed and a $100 gift certificate included as an apology. If that wasn't support I don't know what is!!

Support for the previous generations (manufacturers) of DW revolvers should not be expected. Some models were completely discontinued and NYI bought the manufacuring rights and name at auction, not their liability. Previous generations sales records were sealed and turned in to the BATFE.

CZ-USA has a stellar record of customer service and since their acquisition of DW I would not expect it to be less. Of course you could also give CZ-USA or DW a call to express any concerns.