DYSLEXIA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by time2shoot, Jul 19, 2012.

1. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

Well this thread is to inform thoughs of you out there who might not know why some people have bad gramer, punctuation and spelling.

There are many forms of Dyslexia.
    I for one have an odd one, so to speak. my brain proseses info. difrent then normal.
    as in it resives it just fine but when i recal it and try to poot it to papper or a keyboard. It dose,nt come out quite right. I consentrait on making shure it comes out in the right order so that the spelling sufers to the point that it dosen't register that. it's wrong.

It has ben brought to my atention that otheres on here allso sufer this in one form or another. For thoughs who trusted me with that info. thank you!
    I do understand what it took to tell a strainger that very persinal and usealy embarasing to us problem.

For thoughs of you that cant or wont take the time to understand what we have to say. Your loss.
    for the otheres. ask me if your having trouble understanding what im trying to say.
    I'm shure between us we can figure it out.

I will not apolagise for my limitations. and only ask that if you have a problum with it please just pass over my post. theres no need to point it out to me. trust me, I already know.

And please think befor you cridasize some one. there might be somthing beond there control causing it.
  2. glens67

glens67 Well-Known Member

Well said time2shoot!!!
  3. skullfr

skullfr New Member

yeah what he said,I have disabilies also so I know where your coming from.I had no problem with the typing.I get made fun of for being a southern born redneck.They dont know me or if its a problem too bad.Dont let the idiots get ya down.
  4. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Time2shoot,
    I'm good with grammer and spelling. I've always been. I don't say this to brag. I have no trouble translating what you say as I read. Your meaning and train of thought are very good and easy to understand if someone knows grammer and words well. To break up a man's chain of thought or good posts for something so petty is counterproductive. I would never do it , although I see errors all the time. Maybe the ones who complain are having a hard time translating your words because they're not as good with words and grammer as they would like to believe.
  5. 1969SS396

1969SS396 New Member

I have several friends with dyslexia, I find the words they speak to be more important than how they spell them.

I read your other thread (about leaving) and I, like others think it would be a mistake for you to go over your spelling.I'm glad you are staying.
  6. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

The world is full of jerks.

I used to work with a guy that was born here in Tennessee who harrassed me for being a "Yankee" since I had moved here from Illinois.

One day when it got particularly harsh, I loudly proclaimed:
    "I am Southern by my own choosing. You are Southern only through an accident of birth!"

He quit the harrassment.
  7. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

Thank you. some one who understands. just becouse i cant spell or have bad sentance structure. dosen't meen there is no message in my words.
  8. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

If I were a english nazi I could have a field day here on this forum. However.... I suk when trying to express myself and I dont have any conditions that would contribute to this problem. I dont think that anyone on this forum has a problem with posters that might spell a word wrong or use the wrong context or whatever. I tend to look at the content of the post and dont worry about english errors. I hated english in school!!! Dont worry about the a-holes.
  9. savage170

savage170 Member

I have Dysgraphia and it really hurts my writing skills and a keyboard amplifies it I know exactly where you're coming from I haven't been hit to bad by the grammer police here but on another forum I'm on they can't wait to pounce
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I feel exactly the same way as PF.

Dont sweat it dale. Its really a non-issue.

And let me know if my occasional pointing out of certain words you might use bothers you. Its not meant in harm. Only as comic acceptance. I mean to see it out loud for everyone else as the non-issue I believe it to be.
  11. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I read the posts to find out what people that I would like to think of as friends are saying about something. The message is the important thing, and how it is said is not all that important.

Thank you for passing this along; it's part of my education.
  12. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

Hey T2, I know how you feel. I have Dyslexia as does my oldest son who is 20. He has struggled through school like only someone like you can understand.

As you can see by my posts I do not have a real problem with spelling, grammar and all that you bet, but spelling not so much. I cheat, I use Google Chrome and every time I type a misspelled word it highlights it with a red line then gives me options to correct. I can type fast, but I spend most of my time correcting my mistakes instead of continuing my train of thought. This little tidbit only took four and a half minutes. Not because my fingers didn't do the walking, but because I have issues.

I find spell checks like GC a big help, if you want to give it a try download it here.

https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/
  13. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

I have 4 brothers, the youngest was born with a slight problem he talks s-l-o-w and when young was teased, when older people assumed he was stupid...nothing could be further from the truth.

He's very smart and very sensitive to everything and everyone, he's my favorite (if you can pick) and I love him dearly as my brother.

And will gladly defend him anytime, anywhere...and guarantee no one would mess with him again. :D

Ironically he's 6' 0" and knows how to box and fairly well but will never hit anyone.
  14. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Dale,

I am glad your my friend and am thrilled that your sticking around. I don't really notice typo's because,,, I just don't. It doesn'y matter to me. I read slow, very slow and my retention is limited. I am a slow learner and I have to read most stuff several times to full understand it. My father knew that when I was young and so he was patient and walked me through the reloading process. But i will tell you, just like Dale said earlier, that doesn't mean I am dumb. I will go toe to toe with any Bible scholar. I know Jesus loves me.

I am thrilled you are sticking around Dale.

Jim
  15. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Some parents leave their kids the family business, some leave an estate, some leave a stock portfolio. My dad passed on to me his Essential Tremor.
    It is worse in my right hand than my left, and worse sometimes than other times.
    It gets much worse under stress.
    I am fortunate that in my 70th year it has not progressed beyond my hands, since it started when I was a teenager.
    It makes for some VERY interesting posts, and I often do not catch and correct all the weird typo's I make.

One other effect it has:
    Eating with a spoon or fork is difficult, and I often switch to left hand to get around this.
    But chopsticks eliminate the problem completely, for some WEIRD reason.
    Chopsticks > China > Tai Chi > calmness of mind - - ??

Hey!
    I need to try typing with chopsticks!!