E MAIL FROM Henry arms

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wv hillbilly, Oct 31, 2012.

1. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Active Member

Dear Valued Henry Customers,

Hurricane Sandy has caused significant damage to the Henry Repeating Arms plant in Bayonne New Jersey. We do not have any electricity, nor do we have any telephone or email service. We are hoping that we will once again be operational by the week of November 12th. In the meantime, we ask that you refrain from attempting to contact us. Also please refrain from shipping any firearms to us until we send a followup email confirming that we are once again operational. If you are a Henry vendor, please do not ship any parts to us until we confirm we are operational.

Rest assured, we will be back building our rifles again as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience, understanding and loyalty.

And if you were affected by the storm, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sincerely,
  2. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Active Member

My first thought was how did they send an e-mail if they have no access to e-mail services. My second thought, was to me thats good customer service
  3. ozo

ozo Active Member

They won't have the manpower to handle the amount of e-mail normally generated
    per day, as they would do with 6-10 people in customer service, sitting in the office
    together....
    You don't think those people are gonna do that at home on their laptops, do ya?

Maybe they have an in house server, and no capability to access off-site?
    Hmmm, why not ?
    They do build Models from the 1800's.....maybe their technology is .......
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I got the same email yesterday. I have never even owned a Henry, even though I requested a catalog a few years ago.
  5. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

how will this affect the parts and/or equipment? floods causing high humidity and subsequent rust? can I assume Intek and ServicePro are handling it?