The Firearms Forum banner

EAA Windicator?

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  CampingJosh 
#1 ·
Does anyone have experience/opinions concerning the EAA Windicator revolver? A local shop has one (steel, 2" barrel, .357) for $200. The EAA website says that it is manufactured by Weihrauch, and the gun is stamped "Made in Germany."

Is this a good value for the dollars, or would I be better off passing?

#2 ·
This is strictly my opinion, but I would say go for it. I saw one a local shop for $225 and came real close to buying it, even though I do not need another 38 snubbie. You can not get much for $200 these days. I have an EAA Bounty hunter single action and love it. I think they are well made for the money. The thing to keep in mind is when you go to resell it, it will not spur as much interest as a smith or colt. It is kind of a cadillac vs. chevy thing. but if you are wanting a 38 to use and are not worried about collectability then you should go for it.

G
#3 ·
They are indeed German made, Josh, and a good value for the money. I look at them as utility guns, i.e., a weapon to keep or use in a place where risk is higher for damage or theft. Like in your vehicle, for example.

#5 ·
They are indeed German made, Josh, and a good value for the money. I look at them as utility guns, i.e., a weapon to keep or use in a place where risk is higher for damage or theft. Like in your vehicle, for example.
Truck gun was going to be its exact function. :)

I'm glad to hear that it's a reliable (though HEAVY for a snubby at 1.8 lbs). If it's still sitting there when I drive past again on Friday, then it'll likely come home with me. To be honest, it isn't what I was looking for, but it just might do the trick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.