EAA Witness Match

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by oldredneck, Nov 18, 2007.

1. oldredneck

oldredneck New Member

Anyone own or ever fired a EAA Witness Match in 9mm? "Concealed Carry Handguns" has a very good review of this weapon in .45 ACP; however, I'm on a fixed income and if I want to shoot on a regular basis I can more easily afford the 9mm. I've been looking for a Springfield Loaded 1911-A1 Target pistol in 9mm but these pistols are limited runs i.e., Springfield periodically makes a limited number of these weapons and doles them out to dealers. I'm on a waiting list but at my age (65) I may never live long enough to get my hands on one. The Witness Match looks like it might be a good substitute.
  2. kingjoey

kingjoey New Member

Skydiver386 has one IIRC. I've shot it but couldn't tell you the particulars. You can catch him over at Mausercentral or NJC-NJO.com if ya want to ask him for details about the pistol. Sorry I couldn't be more help
  3. A-Zo

A-Zo New Member

Witness, isn't that the Italian gun?
  4. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

You must be salaried too... :(
  5. oldredneck

oldredneck New Member

Yes, it's manufactured by Tanfoglio in Italy modeled on on CZ75 and inported by EAA (European American Armory). It appears to be a very nice pistol and reportedly very accurate out of the box. The four Elite models are competition pieces and run from a high of around $1600.00 to the low end around $600.00. Check them out on the EAA website.