EAA Witness. Yes, or No?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by MrWingnut10mm, Jan 30, 2004.

1. MrWingnut10mm

MrWingnut10mm New Member

has anybody had any experience with the EAA Witness Compact chambered in 10mm? if so what did you think of it?
  2. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

none personally

but i think it will be a crap shoot ,they have a reputation like AMT ,
    hit and miss ,but i have to say my amt is a good working accurate gun ,but being a 10mm might change things
  3. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

gpostal:

I have a Witness in 45ACP with a standard barrel length. My gun shoots well, is reliable, and I am pleased with it. It mimicks (copies) the CZ97 in almost every detail. In fact trigger parts interchange between the two guns. The CZ is slightly better made and their past performance, judged by reponses here and other sites, is better than the EAA Witness. At least the CZ's are consistient. I have both the CZ and the Witness in 45ACP but the real differences are only superficial and minor. I'd go with a CZ (I have Czech heritage and own several CZ motorcyles and CZ rifles). I had a Tangfolio TZ75 (the Italian manufacturer of the EAA Witness) that literally fell apart due to poor materials selection by the manufacturer and was virtually unrepairable as there were no parts available. I eventually junked it. The new Witness's appear to be better made. And the CZ's are superb!

LDBennett