1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

EAA Witness

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by John Y., Aug 28, 2005.

1. John Y.

John Y. New Member

Anybody have one of these? What are they like?
    What is the "Wonder" finish? Is it stainless?

Thanks for any info.

John
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

I do not own one, but you may want to go read this thread in the technical forum!

bbl cracked
  3. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

I have one in 45ACP and it shoots fine and is nicely put together. In defense of the cracked barrel (cracks at vent ports in the barrel) I would add that anytime you drill holes in a vessel with pressure in it (the barrel) you add a stress riser to the equation.

But why a clone when you can get the real thing: a real CZ. They are better made and shoot better than the Witness (I have two CZ pistols, CZ75B 40S&W with a 22 Kadet conversion and the CZ97 in 45ACP). All CZ stuff is better than the average of all the other guns out there and priced well, too. I particularly like their rifles ( I have them in 22 Hornet, 30-06, 17HM2, 308). The only reason I bought the Witness was that CZ's were not being imported at the time.

LDBennett
  4. redtail

redtail New Member

I would add that anytime you drill holes in a vessel with pressure in it

LDBennett[/QUOTE]

holes drilled is one thing but these are wedges cut out at least 1/3 of the way through the barrel. I've tried with no success to post a picture of the ports. Also it could have been dropped or something before I got it and made it weak. I probably could e-mail the picture to someone andl let them post it if anybody wants to see the ports.
    Larry
  5. John Y.

John Y. New Member

Many thanks guys. I've bought a CZ 75B in 9mm and I'm waiting to pick it up this week.

The EAA just picqued my interest. I was wondering what their "wonder" finish was"

Thanks again. I think I'll pass on the EAA.

JY