The Firearms Forum banner

early H&A cylinder pin retainer question

803 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  dpcjradio 
#1 ·
I have an early Hopkins and Allen spur trigger revolver that has a substitute cylinder axis pin. It works after a fashion, and does add some character, but the tolerances are such that the cylinder has too much play. I can make a replacement pin that will look appropriate and work better. But the way the pin was retained in the gun is different than I have seen before. A spring was swaged to the underside of the barrel and is broken off. I have no idea what it looked like or how it was depressed to remove the pin. Can anyone help? A picture of an intact specimen would be ideal.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
If you have Flayderman's Guide, first example on page 485 has "Early type center pin with button type latch"

It shows a stem with button sticking out bottom of center pin that was pressed against the spring.

So your spring is probably correct and not broken. The end would have snapped into a notch in the pin to hold it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.