east coast storm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wv hillbilly, Oct 25, 2012.

1. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Active Member

the weather is certainly strange. you can travel 15-30 miles in any direction from my home and see on the radar where they have had or still having really bad weather.
    here it is 40* no wind and no rain. the birds and squirrels are out. even my dogs want out of the house.
    i still pray that those of you who haven't been able to contact your loved ones, will soon talk to them and find them all same
  2. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

The amusement pier off Seaside NJ lots of childhood memories gone.

Attached Files:

3. Maine04657

Maine04657 New Member

Way up here on the coast of Maine we got a little rain and some wind but that was it. Sorry to all those who did not fare so well.
  4. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I find myself taking a week long unplanned vacation as my job in southern Westchester County NY is on hold for a week and my home in northern Westchester (right on the Hudson River front) will be without power for probably that long as well. I'm just hanging out in my res. in the ADKs until things get sorted out a bit. To think Sunday, I was on my way down south when a phone call had me turning around and going into a holding pattern. Glad I did just that, almost didn't.
  5. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

thank for all your prayers. heard from all the kids today, all safe and even have had power restored. when I look at the pics of the devastation, and to think i lived in seaside heights, and fished all the surrounding towns, I'm amazed that they were NO fatalities. knew this would happen one day, but to see it breaks my heart. too many memories with my kids on those boards. tons of trees and power lines down, but with jersey's attitude like Gov Christie said, they will rebuild. won't be the same though
  6. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

I saw the neighborhood that had 80 homes catch fire. Believe it or not they may be the luckly ones. They will not have to fight the insurance co's over a flood issue.

Knowing what i know now fire is the best way to deal with a flooded home.
  7. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

I spent a lot of summer days on that pier as a child. That roller coaster, that now lies in the ocean, I can't count the number of times it scared the crap outta me. So sad.