Ebay purchases of 1911 parts

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by MisterEd, Mar 14, 2006.

1. MisterEd

MisterEd New Member

Hi all! I haven't posted in a while on this forum but it seems I had a PM conversation awhile back with someone who was warning me about a certain Ebay seller. If anyone rembers this please PM me - Thanks.
  2. Nortranman

Nortranman New Member

Hey Mr. Ed;
    I'm over in Prineville so your location kind of caught my eye. I bought some parts from a guy in Florida for a Llama 1911 IX-C and got the advertized goods as promised. I can't tell you his name because I see he has withdrawn from e-bay and his email address isn't good any more. I just remember his first name was Bobby, Sorry I couldn't help you more.
  3. threerounds

threerounds New Member

I don't know if your seller is one of these but there are 2 Florida sellers that sell a lot on eBay, one in Tampa and 1 in New Port Richey. If either of these are your guy they bothe currently have items on eBay so you can find their names. However, both have high numbers on their ID and both are highly rated.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2006
  4. joecad

joecad New Member

there is a guy with a name like reddogalaskan or something similar.....his exploits are posted on many forums. he is a master at implying something and letting you think you are getting something which it is not. he usually makes statements like "mags for wwII colt" or GI stub safety and slide stop for wwII vintage colt"...he sells alot of these.....buys them from sarco for 9 or 12 dollars and people bid upwards of $40 plus.he is admittedly very good at working just inside the limit....be very careful.
  5. corpis66

corpis66 New Member

hahaha... utoh... well sorta, i DID buy a couple of .45 barrels from this dude, IIRC a std. 5 incher and a 6inch long slide barrel... the Govt. barrel was said to be a 'bull barrel' i bid on it, and won, both actually, i remmeber only shelling out like $25 bucks. or so.. real cheap... anyways what i got was the regular 6inch (exactly what i was expecting to get!) but now the govt barrel wasn't...or maybe it was?... see my regualr 45 barrel (springfield) was about .477 overall i believe.. this thing was a full .500 (half inch) so i did a simple swap out. got a nice tight fit with the barrel bushing i already had in the gun... now, slow fire this thing is damned evil...SCARRY ACCURATE!!! the org. was about a softball size at 25yards (7shots)... this ebay thing puts the all into a nice one hole group!
    so nonetheless, i did NOT get what i really won, but better ;)
  6. joecad

joecad New Member

so what you are saying is that he screwed up in reverse.....gave someone good stuff?.....i guess its true.....time wounds all heals. i am glad it worked out for you
  7. corpis66

corpis66 New Member

yeah, i guess sometimes people make mistakes.. ;)
  8. joecad

joecad New Member

:D well what goes around comes around.
  9. gunfreakboy

gunfreakboy New Member

I bought some 7 round 1911 mags from this guy and they were as described and I thought I got a pretty good deal (I think $35 with shipping for 5 of them). They were offered as a second chance purchase and I took it. I am always leery and watchful of all my dealings on the bay and will continue to do so. I also don't buy things I don't know much about. Always remember caveat emptor.