Ebay score!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by johnny ringo, Dec 4, 2012.

1. johnny ringo

johnny ringo Member

I've been looking for a spotting scope to take with me to the range. Amazon has a nice Bushnell for $275+ which is more than I want to spend. So I look on Ebay thinking I might find a nice used one. Found the exact same one as Amazon has, also brand new with free shipping, and with 20 seconds left, l slip in the winning bid for about 1/3 of Amazon's price. :)
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Good deal. I buy quite a few items off eBay and the prices are usually better than anywhere else. I usually do a lot of looking around before I settle on one place to buy from, you can get some great deals on eBay.
  3. Big Chevy

Big Chevy Member

Nice score.
  4. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Did you get it yet? I have got some good deals on ebay but have been burned also. Buyer beware.
  5. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

nice goin
  6. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

If he does not get it but paid through paypal, he will be reimbursed.
  7. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

I get the mailer adds from MidwayUSA and the resent add has a rifle scope and a spotting scope together for $95. Just Barska stuf but I don't need a high end spotter and that was half price. The spotter (18-36x50) is normally $100 and $80 for the rifle scope (6-24x42) so I jumped on it. I needed another Rifle scope too. Hey man, 95 bucks, don't judge me, I have a rich mans desires but a poor mans wallet. So who's gonna cast the first stone!
  8. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

your glass only needs to be as good as your eyes. I get by just fine with cheap old stuff. LOL

I have a hard time trusting my money to ebay but a deal like that would be tempting. I hope for your sake it's legit.
  9. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I have stopped buying on ebay. Everything I ever look at is over priced and I can get it cheaper from Amazon or somewhere else.

Fuzebox

Man that Barska stuff is nuttin but crapola. LOL.... Hope it works out for you.
  10. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Yes I know and I would never pay full price. It's hit and miss with Barska as with all the cheap stuff. You gotta check it all out right away and send it back for replacement if there's a problem but if it works properly (and it should) you got what you wanted. No one expects the feel of a Cadillac from a Moped but if you just need something that works, you read the reviews and see what your odds are. Many high-end products have unhappy customers as well. The price/product quality ratio is always wobbly. You spend 5 time the money, you expectations are 5 times higher and have to be that much more critical of imperfection.
    I read reviews on 2 different sites for these 2 scopes and the percentage of good working product was 80 and above which is what I generally shoot for in a bargain basement product. Above 90 for an expensive product. But we'll see. It should arrive today so I'll find out soon enough. :):(:):( wuts it gunna be
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  11. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I dont think Barska is a bad product. It will serve the purpose. I have a burris on my AR that isnt all that but I can still stack them in the bullseye with it. I guess the people that knock these scopes just have plenty of money.
  12. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

My only other experience with Barska is a pair of binoculars. I did have to return the first one to the store but the replacements have worked great for years now, and still using them. They were also a half price sale item.
  13. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I bought a Barska for an AR a few years ago because it was cheap. I thought it was a piece of crap but when I let my son borrow my AR for a few months, he loved the Barska. To each, his own, I guess,