Econimists and Taxes

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Rhuga, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

I was watching a talk show that had one of the top economists on the panel discussing the current philosophy that they are recommending to Obama. If its something that the people want regardless if its something they want or need...TAX IT! This is really getting out of hand. Just look at tobacco, gasoline, Electricity, and Firearms to name a few. I have a hard time understanding how something is taxed many times before it even gets to the public. But, the government says that items for public consumption should be over taxed because its good for them. The Big Brother is getting more and more to being a reality like in the movie "1984". Nuts!
  2. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

I was watching "Boardwalk Empire". This is a show concerning the Prohibition Era and when the government was so corrupt. WHAT HAS CHANGED??
  3. vytoland

vytoland New Member

its time to push back and not just say no, but HELL NO!!!
  4. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

After the election, no matter who wins, there will be tax increases & spending cuts. Face it folks, the party is coming to an end; look around the world.

I figure inflation will hit, gas will be 20 bucks/gal, ect. All one can do is put themselves in a position they their cost of living is as low as possible. It's not how much you make, it's how much you spend that counts.

Relative to taxes, I've looked over all the new plans, I'll be paying more to the feds anyway you add it all up, but I have no local or state taxes here in Ak and pretty self sufficient. The middle class (if it still exists) will pay out the nose but no joke, I'll be happy to see the IRS as history.

The rich get richer, the poor get poorer, seems to be how she works. If we don't get our industrial base back, start producing again, the poor will rise up or we will never have a middle class ever again like most other places throughout the world. There really is a growing disparity of the wealth between the rich & poor in America. Do we economically see the poor improve their situation through employment or do we see upheaval in our society.
  5. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

6. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

Who is this TOP ECONOMIST and who decided that he was a top economist?
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    We let them dig this hole, there is only one way out of it, and we are not going to like the price!