eggs in crock pot?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by armedandsafe, Aug 24, 2006.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I know this should go in the Ruffitt forum, but I'm going to ask here, also.

I need to furnish 10 dozed scramplbe eggs for breakfast next Tuesday at 05:00. I know how to do the eggs, I knkow I can put them in the crock pot to keep warm (and turn to leather) but I was wondering if I could cook them in the crock pot.

Times and whether start high then turn to low or...?

Thanks

Pops
  2. johnston3407

johnston3407 New Member

I've never tried it but it sounds interesting. Add a little salsa.
  3. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Please let me know it it works I love a crock pot. low will not cook only keep warm I found out the L O N G H A R D way
    Gee now i can't undreline or make bold or change colors Please take me off the bad boy list and I promise to behave
  4. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

(Ron, try deleting your cookies and your temporary internet files.)

Pops, I'm not much of a cook, but it just seems to me that eggs wouldn't "scramplbe" very well in a crock pot ... isn't the heating element in the sides? However, I saw some recipes online somewhere for a quiche cooked in a crockpot.
  5. xxxxxxl

xxxxxxl New Member

In the past when I had to cook for several people I would scramble and cook the eggs but not quite all the way done. They will finish in the crock pot using their own heat and if you time it just right they will still be moist. At one time I cooked breakfast for 75-100 people once a month. Undercooking always worked.
  6. dcon12

dcon12 Active Member Supporting Member

I am not sure how they would come out cooking in a crock pot. However, I would just mix up the eggs beforehand and store in containers. Then you can sramble the eggs a big pan at a time. It does not take long to scramble eggs. Don
  7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

The problem is that Tuesday is a driving day and there will be drivers coming and going all morning. Having someone scramble eggs to order would take a person from outside the department, and I haven't had any of the kids volunteer. :D

I did finally find a recipe which said 12 hours on low for a dozen to make a western omelette. Layer hashbrowns and meat and cheese and chopped onions three or four deep, beat eggs with milk and seasoning and pour over the top.

I'm also thinking of getting a bunch of the large muffin tins and doing baked eggs.

Haven't decided. ... Yet. :D

Pops
  8. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I liked the ziploc bag omlet that was on here a while back
  9. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I like those, also. However, we don't have a stove or hot plate in the Driver's room, so we are stuck with bringing in crock pots or using the microwave. I've not had a lot of success with nuked eggs. The little white egg poachers for the microwave do ok, but at 2 eggs at a time and 75 drivers, I just don't think that is practical. :eek:

Keep the ideas coming, guys. We'll get the crowd fed, yet. :D

Pops
  10. xxxxxxl

xxxxxxl New Member

Hey Armedandsafe, If you need a recipe for baked egg muffins I have one, and it is really good and tasty.
  11. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I'm allways in the mood for a new recipe. :D We do a potluck once a month down at the Barn and I can use a new one now'n'then. Why don't you put it in Ruffitts' corner so we can all see it. Thanks.

Pops