Election signs...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polishshooter, Sep 29, 2012.

1. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Last week I started seeing Democrat signs including a few Obama/Biden signs that I was pretty sure were recycled from '08 around town...but a lot more Democrat ones popping up daily...For Governor, Senator, House, etc....

But driving back from Indy last week the back way through Rushville I saw Republican signs including Romney/Ryan signs, so I called my local Republican County Councilman that I kind of know and asked why...

It turns out that the two parties in this county have a "Gentlemans Agreement" that goes back a long time that no signs are posted until "30 days out."

FIGURES. Democrats violating a "Gentleman's Agreement...":mad:

But today I contacted my Republican County Chairman requesting signs, and he said he will be out tomorrow for and psot all my signs from Governor (Mike Pence) all the way to my state rep candidate....(who incidentally in the primary against about 8 others, sent me a nice mailer stating she will support the 2nd Amendment....actually it was a REALLY nice picture of a classic 1911...I figured anybody that sends me a nice picture of a 1911 DESERVES my vote, and she WON!;))...

But he said he has no Romney/Ryan signs...:mad:

He said the Romney campaign has decided the entire sign budget will lonly go to "Battleground" states like Ohio....:cool:

Now I am excited that Romney is figuring Indiana as a "win," but it still bothers me...I have NEVER gone through a Presidential campaign without a sign in my yard! HECK I STILL have Bush/Quayle, Dole/Kemp, and McCain/Palin signs in my garage!!!! AND Reagan/Bush 'Bringing America Back" bumper stickers on my kids old Radio Flyer WAGON...

So I pulled up the Romney website...$40 for a three pack of yard signs....HHHhhhmmmmm....

I just might order a set, put one up myself and DONATE the other two to my local Republican party just to get a few up to offset the Obamadrones...
  2. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Those yard signs make great holders for sticker targets after the election, too.
  3. sting75ray

sting75ray Well-Known Member

When John Kerry was running against Bush I picked up a Kerry sign on the side of the road and stuck it on the window of our local gun shop on a Saturday after he had closed. It was there all weekend but come Monday about 5 minutes after he opened I got a phone call and I think he used about every word in the book to call me and maybe a couple of them were used more than once.:D:D The guy has thousands of customers but somehow he knew to call me first.:D:D
  4. polishshooter

Crap, I was going to order and my wife asks me if I had a DISCOUNT code...turns out she is already a "friend" of Mitt on facebook or something, LOL (SEE why I love her?)

But now I see ANOTHER site where you can get 5 different style Romney/Ryan signs for $35, 10 for $50 plus shipping....HHHmmmm....

Somehow as much as I would like to donate to his campaign, BUYING his signs would be doing the same thing and I still get something in RETURN, right???:p;)
  5. polishshooter

Actually Josh, my wife used to work for ContainerKraft that made boxes and packaging stuff and she brought me home a bunch of plastic corrogated scraps once that make GREAT target backers....they are the same as the plastic election signs that fit over the steel stakes...

The election signs aren't so much what I need but the steel stake HOLDERS are what makes great targets for me....LOL

But didja ever NOTICE that some @ss#ole will INVARIABLY end up blowing away your target holder no matter WHAT you use???:mad::eek::cool::p:p
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  6. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I won't have a sign on my cars or in my yard this year. I'll just vote for my candidate.
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Might have to take a look at buying some more signs for the election. There is a Tea Party sign on the gate post at the driveway, about 18"X24". Ya think folks seeing that will conclude that I will be voting against the Demoncats?
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  8. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Put up the McCain/Palin sign, maybe they will give you some new signs.
  9. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

I shoot here at the camp. I'm the only idiot who ever destroys my target holders. ;)
  10. polishshooter

Josh, far be it from me to imply that I TOO am not included in the subclass of "@ssholes" who have been know to blow away target holders, MINE as well as others....LOL:p

However my one P-dog buddy still insists it was I that blew away his brand new holder with my Long Branch .303...I have to keep reminding him, RIGHT rifle, WRONG shooter...it was actually HIM behind the trigger at the time;):D:p

At least how I remember it...
  11. polishshooter

My Republican Chairman came through for me yesterday, now I have nice signs up in my yard for Mike Pence (Governor) Luke Messer (to replace Pence as my Congressman) Richard Mourdock (Senate) Jean Leising (State Senator, the woman who drove Lee Hamilton into retirement after ALMOST beating him for Congress) Cindy Ziemke, (State Rep, who sent me the nice picture of the 1911 during the primaries) and some woman I have never heard of running for County Treasurer.

And I ordered 5 Romney/Ryan 2012 "America's Comeback Team" 4 of which I will donate to my local Republicans to offset some of those ugly Obama/Biden signs sprouting up all over town in the front lawns of the Radical Democrats and/or Morons...:cool:

It's finally feeling like ELECTION time again....;)

One of my neighbors told me he always checks my signs on the way to vote to see who he is voting for....so I know it affects SOMEBODY....LOL;):D:p
  12. Ledslnger

Ledslnger New Member

Reagan couldn't even remember his own Bringing America Back slogan when he was in office because of the Old Timer's Disease, heck he didn't know who George Schultz was most days.
  13. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The Obama ones would make even better ones before the election. They already have a "0" on them. :D
  14. polishshooter

Now led, we all know it was years after his presidency he got Alzheimers...he was sharp as a tack when he was president...just look at any of his NSC briefings that have been declassified....especially the one 2 days after the Marine Baracks debacle in Lebanon, when he is deciding on giving the go ahead for Grenada....and his political advisors tell him NOT to, especially so soon after Lebanon...

When he lectured them on on doing the RIGHT thing for America vs. doing the right POLITICAL thing for yourself....it makes you YEARN for a REAL leader again....

Now as for George Schultz, when he was drunk you didn't WANT to remember him...

But he could negotiate with the Soviets no matter HOW much Wodka they fed him....:p

No, Reagan was the "Real Deal."
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  15. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Unfortunately, it's criminal. "Electioneering."

Unless it belongs to me, of course, and there is no chance in &$#@ that I'm going to own one of those pieces of trash. :D

Although, now that you say it, I may request a few. But not from the DNC. I'm going to see if I can get permission to move some from some places to my yard, "where they will be seen by more people." ;) Any off the street is a good thing.