Electrical smart meter (spy device w/o warrant)

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Marlin T, Aug 12, 2011.

1. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

so... install "smart" meters to save money, then raise prices. yep, sounds like "modern" day America.
  2. Claudius Valarium

Claudius Valarium Member

So. Central TX, AKA the Middle of Flyover Country
    Yep, it's bad enough that I have a meter that sends a signal back to the company on my kilowatt usage. I had no choice, it was that or nothing. I will not allow them any more access than that.

mmmmmmm mmmmmmmm
    look deeply into my eyes
    mmmmmmm mmmmmmmm
    let us control your AC
    mmmmmmm mmmmmmmm
    let us control your AC.

After they succeed with that, they will move onto something else. It's all about control.
  3. popgun

popgun New Member

tin foil hat time
  4. clamman

clamman Member

No no tin foil the meter!:D
  5. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Yes, the current drawn by a 100 watt bulb is only a bit under one amp, and is inconsequential. Unless someone IS trying to see if we are home or not by viewing our electrical usage, which is the concern expressed here.

I don't think many of us go away and leave the A/C, stereo, TV, computer and microwave running. Modern well-insulated water heaters rarely start when no one is using hot water.

Personally, I am not worried about the power company determining if I am home or not by viewing my electrical usage. Shoot, these meters are a PERFECT way for them to determine INSTANTLY the exact time and extent of any power outage, yet they do nothing until someone phones in to tell them - -

I have an image of a service area map on the computer screen, with a little green dot for every meter that is transmitting which changes to a red dot when it is not transmitting. Overlay of feed lines, and the EXACT point of break is determined to within a few feet.
    Hey, earn that exorbitant sallary and set that up, will you?

Meanwhile -

alfoboy.JPG alfogirl.JPG
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

hey look folks

if your meter has a resitor before going into the dial or digirtal recorder try this

triple the resistance of the feed resistor in the meter

it'll lower your electrical bill by 1/3 rd

no bull , dunno what your law say the penalty there is for this but hey ..

enjoy ...
  7. sliclee

sliclee New Member

The smart meter is all for the power company 0 for you.
    No longer requires meter reader, no longer requires vehicle, no longer requires service for vehicle, no insurance and so on, look at the savings for them,YET we must take it and pay for it,WHO gets the benefit,AAHHHH,your local govt.
    How many fires has the meter caused all over the USA so far.
    Here in Florida, our elected representatives think so highly of us, they have passed laws making it illegal to sue the power company for installing the meters that cause fires. Think of that when you next vote.
    SO, how am I to benefit,if I dont pay my bill all the power co. has to do is flip a switch, no electric, when they want,they have the power to control how much electric you use but most important when you use it. I want it colder, the power co. says thats all the juice your getting now, you dont like it leave.
    If you pay attention, its going on all over so you have no choice in anything.
    Pay some attention to what the govt and drug companies are doing to seniors and people that have certain diseases. Death squads are in full bloom!
  8. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

If they really wanted to find out what you were up to, they could get a warrant to bug your home and your phones. Stick tracking devices in your vehicle, on your clothing, etc. Seen the movie "Enemy of the State." The USA PATRIOT Act isn't enough for them to bust in and bug you.

Warrantless searches won't hold up in a US court full of lawyers unless you're flagged as a terrorist.

We've had a smart meter here for quite a while. Saves the power company money and it records your power consumption more accurately.

I'm not doing anything I shouldn't be so there's no reason for em to be spying on me.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2011