Electronic scale

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by 358 winchester, Oct 28, 2004.

1. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Are the electronic scales worth it?
    What brand scale do you use?
    Which brand of electronic scale do you reccomend?
    I currently use a balance beam but have been think (I know that is both hard and dangerous for me :rolleyes:) about the electronic ones and wanted some feed back before I ask Mrs. 358 for one.
    Ron
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Ron, I find the electronic scale invaluable. Much more acurate than the beam scale. I have the RCBS beam scale and the Dillon electronic scale. Have had the scale for almost 7 years and have yet to have to replace the battery. I find you just can't go wrong with Dillon! Good luck in your search.

Here is the scale I have:

Determinator
  3. woodsrunner

woodsrunner New Member

About 2yrs ago there was a special deal through Dillon dealers for what they called the "Determinator 2". I picked one up for $70.00. I'd never give it up. The nice thing about digital is the ability to quickly comparison weigh things like cast bullets, or loaded rounds you suspect may not have a powder charge or a double charge.
  4. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Sounds like I need to redo my christmas wish list :)
    Dang this is going to cost me money for another piece of jewlery :eek: :(
    Hey I could just buy the scale and put From SANTA on it and swear I don't know where it came from :D :D :D :D :D
    Ron (off to Dillon .com)
  5. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

I really like the fact that the Dillon has a wind cover with an open top so that your breath or a fan will not influence the reading. They also now have a case for it. Good luck and hope Santa treats you well! :D :D :D
  6. danurve

danurve New Member

I picked up a great deal on a RCBS 90 from one of my favorite shops that has helped my churn out some sweet recipies. It's a little older model that just never sold, but still brand new. It's quite sensitive, damn it, but saves alot of time. I think a beam would have been fine, but the more confidence you have in making the loads pays off at the range.

Some end results ;)
    70gr. Blitzkings

85gr. Gamekings
  7. Dave W.

Dave W. New Member

I have an RCBS digital scale which is actually made by PACT, and it is very accurate, never had a single problem and truely is a great time saver over my old 5-0-5 RCBS scale which I do still have but I can't justify using it.

Dave
  8. straightShot

straightShot New Member

I have a PACT BBK II scale that I purchased from MidwayUSA on sale, and it is well worth it. I can check my powder weight very quickly while reloading.

I calibrate it to start, and then zero it in a few times during the course of a reloading session.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2004
  9. billr

billr New Member

just sent a RCBS back I did not like it at all the Charge master the new model., -------------------------------now using a Pact
  10. verdejt

verdejt New Member

I too have the Dillon Electronic Scale. I love it and wouldn't be without it. I find it to be very accurate and extremely easy to use.
  11. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

Here's another vote for the Dillon scale!

LDBennett