1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Electronic scale

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by 358 winchester, Oct 28, 2004.

1. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Are the electronic scales worth it?
    What brand scale do you use?
    Which brand of electronic scale do you reccomend?
    I currently use a balance beam but have been think (I know that is both hard and dangerous for me :rolleyes:) about the electronic ones and wanted some feed back before I ask Mrs. 358 for one.
    Ron
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Ron, I find the electronic scale invaluable. Much more acurate than the beam scale. I have the RCBS beam scale and the Dillon electronic scale. Have had the scale for almost 7 years and have yet to have to replace the battery. I find you just can't go wrong with Dillon! Good luck in your search.

Here is the scale I have:

Determinator
  3. woodsrunner

woodsrunner New Member

About 2yrs ago there was a special deal through Dillon dealers for what they called the "Determinator 2". I picked one up for $70.00. I'd never give it up. The nice thing about digital is the ability to quickly comparison weigh things like cast bullets, or loaded rounds you suspect may not have a powder charge or a double charge.
  4. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Sounds like I need to redo my christmas wish list :)
    Dang this is going to cost me money for another piece of jewlery :eek: :(
    Hey I could just buy the scale and put From SANTA on it and swear I don't know where it came from :D :D :D :D :D
    Ron (off to Dillon .com)
  5. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

I really like the fact that the Dillon has a wind cover with an open top so that your breath or a fan will not influence the reading. They also now have a case for it. Good luck and hope Santa treats you well! :D :D :D
  6. danurve

danurve New Member

I picked up a great deal on a RCBS 90 from one of my favorite shops that has helped my churn out some sweet recipies. It's a little older model that just never sold, but still brand new. It's quite sensitive, damn it, but saves alot of time. I think a beam would have been fine, but the more confidence you have in making the loads pays off at the range.

Some end results ;)
    70gr. Blitzkings

85gr. Gamekings
  7. Dave W.

Dave W. New Member

I have an RCBS digital scale which is actually made by PACT, and it is very accurate, never had a single problem and truely is a great time saver over my old 5-0-5 RCBS scale which I do still have but I can't justify using it.

Dave
  8. straightShot

straightShot New Member

I have a PACT BBK II scale that I purchased from MidwayUSA on sale, and it is well worth it. I can check my powder weight very quickly while reloading.

I calibrate it to start, and then zero it in a few times during the course of a reloading session.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2004
  9. billr

billr New Member

just sent a RCBS back I did not like it at all the Charge master the new model., -------------------------------now using a Pact
  10. verdejt

verdejt New Member

I too have the Dillon Electronic Scale. I love it and wouldn't be without it. I find it to be very accurate and extremely easy to use.
  11. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

Here's another vote for the Dillon scale!

LDBennett