Employment and Fridays

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ARB, Jan 22, 2010.

1. ARB

ARB New Member

When you are on seasonal layoff, Friday's kind of lose their luster. Don't get me wrong, I get to look foward to spending time with the family on the weekend. But, there is something I love about going into work on a friday. Even, after a back breaking week I always have a little more spring in my step friday mornings. Everyone, seems to get along better and you feel like you can't do no wrong. That, first beer of the week always tastes so much better and well deserved after a hard week of work. And, even though I am naturally an early riser, it's nice to know the next morning you have a choice.
    Man, you'd think I was a school kid talking about summer vacation. I need to find a cheap hobby.
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Its called anticipation.
  3. noslolo

noslolo New Member

I have worked weekends since I was 14. I'm now 38. I hate Fridays they are the start of my work week. For me it's not anticipation, it's dread. I don't like Mondays either (firstday off) I put in 40 hours from Friday afternoon till Sunday night. I also have a 3.5 hour drive in on Friday and a 3.5 hour drive home Sunday. I leave Sunday night and I get home Monday morning. That is why I am posting so late right now. By Monday I just want to be left alone. Rant off...I feel better already...Thanks.
  4. vulcrider

vulcrider Member

For years, Saturdays were part of my normal work week. I used to joke with people that Friday was my Thursday. Now that I'm laid-off, I don't know what day it is!
  5. red14

red14 Well-Known Member

Don't matter, they're all the same.;)
  6. ARB

ARB New Member

I can't take this seasonal layoff stuff any longer. I went and applied for a job this morning that I had applied for last year. The job market is so bad that when I went in for my second interview, the guy told me that I was in the top 5 out of 125. Maybe, I'll have better luck this time. The pay is better, and it takes me half the time to get there. And it's right down the road from my son's school. With the job I have right now, I don't know what part of the state I'll be working in from one day to the next. If I'm working at all.