Enfield Mk VI Revolver

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Xracer
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/2/02 6:59:34 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Doc....Enfield Mk. VI
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OK Doc.....here are the markings on that Enfield Mk. VI (break-top .455 identical to Webley)

Left side (between cylinder and handle) ENFIELD....underneath that, No (line under the "o") a Crown and VI.
    Underneath the crown 1923.

On the cylinder a proof mark over each chamber....crown over GR over crossed swords over P. On the back edge of cylinder 203.

On front of crane 9203.

On left side on the top strap a '23 over Crown over crossed swords over P over an arrow mark? over a crown over an A1 over an M.

Also on the left side, two proof marks at the top of the handle (one near trigger guard, one near hammer)...crown, GR, crossed swords, P.

That's it, except for the "S" on the bottom of the grips....but I know what that means.

Can I assume from the 1923 and '23 that's when it was made?

Bore slugged at .4514....I shoot .45 ACPs with half-moon clips. Terrible trigger, but quite accurate shooting single action. A big lump, but I like.

Gotta be worth AT LEAST 2000 bucks, right? (hey, it's BIGGER than that Mk. IV .38 S&W)

Edited by: Xracer at: 1/2/02 7:01:53 pm

AntiqueDr
    (1/2/02 7:12:31 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Doc....Enfield Mk. VI
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That's right - 1923. They starting marking them with year of manufacture about 1914-15 or so with the Mark V.

Too bad you dont have the bayonet attachment or the speedloaders...
    We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Xracer
    (1/2/02 7:50:18 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Doc....Enfield Mk. VI
    Thanks Doc.

Are you pulling my leg....or did they actually have speedloaders and put bayonet lugs on 'em?

I've owned enough British cars to know that you give an Englishman a piece of metal and he'll do something foolish with it every time.

AntiqueDr
    (1/2/02 8:31:02 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Doc....Enfield Mk. VI
    No, I'm actually serious.