Engraved Henry Golden Boy

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Ampolo, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Ampolo

Ampolo New Member

I have a Special Engraved Golden Boy that i won 8yrs ago. It was a tribute to the "moving" veterans Memorial Wall. Engraved on side 1 of the receiver is "THE MOVING WALL" encased in a Triangular shape (resembling the wall). Right below the triangular shape is "VIETNAM VETERANS MEMORIAL" Below that is the dates JULY 20-24, 2004. Side #2 engraved "AMERICAN LEGION POST 423, HOUSTON MINNESOTA". On the bottom of the receiver 1/4 is engraved. The gun has never been fired, still has original Henry hanging tag. There is one very small scratch on tip of forearm. Overall the gun is near mint. Is this just a regular henry or does it hold any extra value?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Ampolo

Ampolo New Member

More pics

Attached Files:

3. Ampolo

Ampolo New Member

other side of stock

Attached Files:

4. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Member

I don't believe it holds any extra value, except perhaps to a member of your American Legion Post. As a rule, commerative guns are not considered good investments. They must remain unfired and in mint condition to retain their value and that limits their collectibility. Given the rather poor wood to metal fit, yours looks like an off-the-shelf gun with a simple engraving. Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to shoot it, but others may have different opinions.
  5. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

Never saw a Golden Boy with a blued receiver cover.:confused::confused:
  6. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Hawg, I'm thinking that's the flash doing that. In the first pic, of the buttstock, and you can just see the receiver at the wrist, on the edge of the picture, and it appears yellow.

But I agree with Buffalochip. Regular rifle that your American Legion post had engraved. No extra value, and unless you are a Legion member, would actually devalue it.

Shoot it.
  7. Ampolo

Ampolo New Member

Honestly i was some what hoping to hear that. Ive wanted to shoot this gun since day one. It was like waving candy in front of a toddler. The only down side is, ive waited eight years before i really ever asked anybody about it. Id much rather enjoy it for what it really is and pass it down some day to my kids.
    Thanks every one
  8. Ampolo

Ampolo New Member

And its not blued. No matter what i tryed i couldnt get the lighting right.
  9. Ampolo

Ampolo New Member

Just outa curiosity what is it worth any way? just as a plain golden boy. Quite a difference in action smoothness compared to my Winchester 94
  10. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Bud's Gun Shop is advertsing new ones for 391 dollars with free shipping.

Used (and even if it's never been fired, like a car, pre-owned is "used"), maybe 200 (if you're lucky) at a gun shop. Maybe 300 private sale.