1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Enough already! This is just too much

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GunHugger, Feb 21, 2009.

1. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

What has this man done? Some people are just stupid I guess.:mad:

Poll: Obama More Popular Than Jesus, Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.

President Obama topped a new Harris interactive poll that asked 2,634 Americans who they admire enough to call a hero.

John Lennon once claimed the Beatles were more popular than Jesus. Now President Obama has evidence that he's more popular than both.

Obama topped a new Harris interactive poll that asked 2,634 Americans who they admire enough to call a hero.

Jesus came in second on a list that includes God, Mahtma Gandhi and George Washington.

Other historic or notable figures making the top 10 were Martin Luther King Jr., Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush, Abraham Lincoln, John McCain, John F. Kennedy, U.S. Airways pilot Chesley Sullenberger and Mother Teresa.

Participants named the heroes randomly instead of being shown or read a list of people to choose from. The poll was conducted online between January 12 and 19, 2009.

At the 16th spot in the poll, George Washington, Bill Clinton and Colin Powell tied.

Other politicians who made the poll's top 25 include Hillary Clinton (12), FDR (13), Condoleezza Rice (12) and Sarah Palin (21).

God ranked 11th, between Mother Teresa and Hillary Clinton.

Of the multiple reasons participants gave to explain their choices of heroes, the ones most cited is, "Doing what's right regardless of personal consequences" with 89 percent, "Not giving up until the goal is accomplished" with 83 percent and "Doing more than what other people expect of them," with 82 percent. Also popular were "Overcoming adversity" and "Staying level-headed in a crisis."

In the first Harris Poll asking this question in 2001, Jesus came in first, followed by the Rev. King, Powell, John F. Kennedy and Mother Teresea.

Obama joked last year at a roast that contrary to rumors, he was not born in a manger but on the planet Krypton. Apparently, Obama is even more popular than Superman, who didn't make the cut.

Link to the above:
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/02/21/poll-obama-popular-jesus-gandhi-king/
  2. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

It really is alarming, we don't know diddly squat about this person, yet the American public has put him in office and raised him to superhuman status. I think Americans have been watching too much television and have lost touch with reality.
  3. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

I found a Fruit Loop that looks just like Nobama! How much money do you think I can get on EBay for it?:rolleyes:
  4. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

It woulds be poetic justice to offer a worthless Obama shaped fruit loop for auction to be paid for with useless US dollars.
  5. artabr

artabr New Member

:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

6. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

:)
    Eeew, prez in tights....
  7. momo

momo Former Guest

They think that now, but wait till they start putting people in the gulags.
  8. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

:D:D I thought we have a president that is a fruit loop, with the rest of the box in the Senate and House.

It is truly a crazy bunch running the country right now. I was just watching VH1, History of Rock on TV and looking at the crowd at the Monterey Folk Festival in the '60's and thinking...these people are in charge now. Sad.
  9. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

Hey Art, that guy is just going to the store to buy a loaf of bread. :D Actually, that's not funny, but I think it's a comin'. :eek:
  10. artabr

artabr New Member

I think that was one of my states former congressman, William Jefferson, heading for his freezer. :rolleyes: :eek: :D

Art
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  11. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

That was a great picture Art.

I forgot about Jefferson, thanks for reminding me.
  12. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

We're a nation of idiots, pure and simple. Sometimes I listen to what people say in public and think I must be from a different planet than they are, judging by how childish or brutally stupid what they're saying seems... :(
  13. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Well, i guess he is more white that i thought.... :eek::eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D

mike
    gn
  14. glocknut

glocknut New Member

PS

I still think Barry is the anti-christ...

mike
    gn
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  15. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

I think Hannity said that there are women out there who dream about going to bed with him....

eeeewwwww!!!! patooey!! :eek: