Ensign's Amendment Passes For D.C.

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by SaddleSarge, Feb 27, 2009.

1. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

2. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

OOOOAH!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D
  3. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

holy chit! a miracle?
  4. kingnothingugm

kingnothingugm Member

I think it was a miracle
  5. artabr

artabr New Member

I'm thrilled to see this but I'm curious as to how the Dems. let this in the Bill.
    I'm just looking gift horses in their mouths.

I caught a part of a floor speech by Sen. John Thune having something to do with concealed carry. I believe this was part of the same bill. This was on CSPAN yesterday.
    Anybody know what that was about? :confused:

Edit: google was my friend. :rolleyes: :D

Here is a video of Sen. Thune's floor speech but I can't find if the amendment made it into the bill. I guessing that it didn't. :confused:
    My Senator, David Vitter was a co-author of the bill.

http://thune.senate.gov/public/inde...1957-4534-baaa-26681307dcdb&Month=2&Year=2009

Art
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  6. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

Do my eyes deceive me? We actually won this one? How did this get through a Dem controlled senate? I am literally (but pleasantly) stunned!!!
  7. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

In 1994, Bill Clinton blamed Senate and House support for the 1994 'Crime Bill' as the reason 20+ Senate and House Democrat seats were lost. This was the 'Republican Revolution' of 1994 and led the way for the 'Freshman Republicans'. 2010 is coming. The liberal idiots don't want to be slapped down again... ;)
  8. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that MAYBE some of the more conservative dem's are even getting a little tired of the radical left turn the government is taking and maybe made a deal with the Democrat leadership. ??? I wonder if the Rebublicans have been enticing some of the blue-dogs to jump ship ? That'd be really cool.
  9. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

I just hope this bodes well for the next 'assault' weapons ban bill!
  10. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

Personally, I think it's all your; cards, letters, calls, tea, and buying guns and ammo since 11-04-08. :p:D:D

Think about it.
  11. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

:confused::confused:

:confused::confused::confused::confused: like u boss...waitin for shoe to drop ?..or was this considered a bone thrown..or... overlooked battle while too busy planning to win the war....?...

will call this cautious optimism......and fer right now Ill just smile big as the blond hangin on in the "german Float parade....:D:D:D:D
  12. Tom

Tom Member

Don't forget what it is attached to: voting representation for the District, i.e., a solid Democrap vote, to be followed by the attempt to get two Senators for the District, another solid two Democrap votes. That is a pretty high price to pay.
  13. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Yep, the antis figure they'll let this one slip for now, betting on having more Dem votes in Congress later for legislation to ban/register/confiscate.