1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

EPA gonna screw us again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 22WRF, Jan 24, 2010.

1. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

EPA expects to approve new ethanol blend by mid-2010
    Officials say E15 'seems to work well' in newer cars (and won't work in any of your small engines)

Dan Looker
    Successful Farming magazine Business Editor

12/01/2009, 9:58 AM CST

In a letter sent to the ethanol lobbying group, Growth Energy, the EPA has announced that preliminary testing of 15% ethanol blends shows the higher ethanol content seems to work well in cars built after 2001 WTF and the agency is likely to approve E15 "in the midyear timeframe" of 2010.

The letter, released today by Growth Energy, was welcomed as a positive sign by the group but not by the Renewable Fuels Association, which is urging EPA to approve 12% blends immediately until the EPA decides if it will approve E15.

"This announcement is a strong signal that we are preparing to move to E15, a measure that will create 136,000 new U.S. jobs, cut greenhouse gas emissions and lessen Americas dependence on imported oil," said General Wesley Clark, Co-Chairman of Growth Energy. Growth Energy petitioned the EPA to increase the blend level of ethanol in gasoline from the current 10% to 15%. Higher blend levels are seen as necessary to reach higher biofuel use mandated by a 2007 energy law.
  2. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

"Seems to work well in newer cars"?! Well, that's just hunkey doorey...what about those of us that have cars that were built before 2001?! My car already runs like absolute Obama...er, I mean crap, when I fill it with 10% ethanol, so I can immagine how bad it will run with 15%:mad: Jerkwad EPA makes me sick to my a**!!!!:mad:

Listen up, Freddie the Fed, I WILL NOT BUY A NEW CAR JUST BECAUSE YOU SEEM TO THINK THAT MY CAR IS "BAD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT!!!!!!!!! Lousy treehugging morons!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

And how about this...more corn oil going to make gasoline will mean HIGHER food prices. Oh, but it's ok if a few people STARVE TO DEATH in order to save the planet:rolleyes: Ain't that right, Algore?:rolleyes: Jerkwad liberal treehuggers make me sick to my a**!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  3. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Ugh....Bye bye decent mileage.....

None of my vehicles are newer than 2000 anyway.
  4. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

A couple of different dealer mechanics and service mgr's have told me the ethanol is chewing up the engines. Don't know the truth to it.
  5. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

I hate the freak'n EPA. The only reason they exist is b/c they change the rules all the time. If they didn't change the rules they wouldn't have jobs. Ethanol investors go to make there money back some how since the alternative fuels initiative tanked out and everyone found out that ethanol cost more to produce and isn't nearly efficient there for each car would require more fuel. Why not make it a EPA regulation. No one ever questions them and the validity of there research and regulations.
  6. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I think the EPA is necessary to a point. Big companies that are dumping toxic waste into places poisoning the water supply, etc, things like that - that's what we need them for. Not this crap where they say "E85 SEEMS to work better in newer cars" so they can push an agenda of some kind. No matter what anybody does in politics anymore - it's always designed to make money for somebody. I want the good old days back when I could get unleaded gas and my big block V8 and chirp the gears and burn rubber with my big loud pipes. Pretty soon we'll all be driving around in 20hp cars that run on vegetable oil that go 30mph tops. They should call it the 2001 What the F**k?
  7. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

What would the auto companies and other people care? If it chews up the engines - great. Then you get to junk your old engine/car and buy a new one and they make all the money.

It's called profiteering. And I'm pretty sure it's illegal. But hey, the government doesn't give a hoot, because I'm sure whoever is making all the money is kicking some back to their fixers up on Capitol Hill.
  8. ilovenxstage

ilovenxstage New Member

Hmm, what about those of us who don't have cars? I use a 50cc motor scooter (I can't get a regular licence because of my disability, but I have no trouble with a scooter). I can only imagine what this "new" fuel will do to my little engine. Sheesh!
  9. oldogy

oldogy New Member

Over educated fools in government, all.
    oldogy
  10. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

what are you supost to do for outboard engines? Mine says no alchol at all.
  11. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Some body needs to have a come to Jesus talk with someone at the epa.
  12. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

OMG, the last thing I need is to wreck my outboards. I can't replace them!!!
  13. docwalt

docwalt New Member

Let them make that fuel for airlines.....I think the sky is falling!!!!
  14. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

The EPA has far overstepped their legislative mandate with the blessing of the courts and the cowardly acquiescence of the Congress. We now have four branches of government, the Executive, the Legislative, the Judicial and the Bureaucratic. Show me in The Constitution where four branches of government are authorized. We need to take back control of our government.
  15. obxned

obxned New Member

Does anyone else here see something morally wrong about burning food for fuel?