EPA trying to ban bullets

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Palmetto, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Palmetto

Palmetto New Member

2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Metalic lead is not-toxic. Lead salts, if ingested in large amounts, over a long period are toxic. So, they want to halt the use of the non-toxic form of the material.

Yup, that makes sense.

Pops
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

dangit, just another thing for me to worry about:mad:
  4. kingchip

kingchip New Member

The EPA has no authority to regulate ANY ammunition.
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Come on guys, we saw this comming a long time ago. If they can't take the guns, we knew they would go after the ammo. Do I like it, hell no! We will do what we must. I am ordering a bunch of lead ammo right away.
  6. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

7. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Looks like we won this one ......for the time being.

YOUR VOICES WERE HEARD
    LOUD AND CLEAR!

EPA Denies Petition

Calling for Lead Ammunition Ban
    Make no mistake about it. The Comment page was there. The petition was there. They were proceeding with the process to follow through with considering this ban. BUT, our voices, and the voices of thousands of others across the nation have been heard! The EPA has seen fit to back down and they are trying to save face doing it. None the less, they have backed off for now. Another battle fought and won. Thank you for doing your part to insure they know we won't stand for this kind of unconstitutional action!

Yours In Freedom,
    Patricia

Brendan Gilfillan

gilfillan.brendan@epa.gov

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

August 27, 2010

EPA Denies Petition Calling for Lead Ammunition Ban

WASHINGTON - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency today denied a petition calling for a ban on the production and distribution of lead hunting ammunition. EPA sent a letter to the petitioners explaining the rejection - that letter can be found here:http://www.epa.gov/oppt/chemtest/pubs/sect21.html

Steve Owens, EPA assistant administrator for the Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention, issued the following statement on the agency's decision:

"EPA today denied a petition submitted by several outside groups for the agency to implement a ban on the production and distribution of lead hunting ammunition. EPA reached this decision because the agency does not have the legal authority to regulate this type of product under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) - nor is the agency seeking such authority.

"This petition, which was submitted to EPA at the beginning of this month, is one of hundreds of petitions submitted to EPA by outside groups each year. This petition was filed under TSCA, which requires the agency to review and respond within 90 days.

"EPA is taking action on many fronts to address major sources of lead in our society, such as eliminating childhood exposures to lead; however, EPA was not and is not considering taking action on whether the lead content in hunting ammunition poses an undue threat to wildlife.

"As there are no similar jurisdictional issues relating to the agency's authority over fishing sinkers, EPA - as required by law - will continue formally reviewing a second part the petition related to lead fishing sinkers.

"Those wishing to comment specifically on the fishing tackle issue can do so by visiting http://www.regulations.gov. EPA will consider comments that are submitted by September 15."
  8. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Nor does anybody else.
  9. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

They are after lead sinkers again and will be back again for the lead bullets. They will try to sneak it in somewhere.
  10. plowhorse

plowhorse New Member

hopefully they don't take a page from CA's book. It is illegal in CA to use lead ammunition in areas that the CA condor is inhabiting.
  11. flyingcubby

flyingcubby New Member

Plowhourse, thats where they are getting this great crappy idea. The wild eye groups here in California want to spread this crap thru out the nation just like California's pollution standards and the use of no plastic bags.
  12. xm774u

xm774u Former Guest

:rolleyes: im glad i stocked up years ago .when it was cheap. i miss the range
    days picking up brass with a shovel:p
  13. Jeff Midguard

Jeff Midguard New Member

I'm expecting more and more ammo shortages. I would encourage everyone to stock up on reloading supplies, to include "green" bullets. California's ideas usually do receive wider circulation in the current political environment. I would not be surprised if lead bullets are banned from sale and use nationwide in the near future.

If lead is outlawed, everyone with lead will become outlaws.