Erfurt & Mauser Lugers

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Michianaman, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Michianaman

Michianaman New Member

Greetings..I recently inherited a few firearms from my brother. In the mix are a pair of lugers.One looks to be a pre-war Erfurt the other a Mauser. After a field strip they both seem to have correct numbers. The grips have been replaced on the Erfurt also a different mag. The Mauser comes with some type of holster. I am a novice when it comes to these. Any help with info and value would be appreciated. Here's a few scans of the Erfurt. Will try to get some scans of the Mauser later.

Thanks for your time,Jeffery

Attached Files:

2. Michianaman

Michianaman New Member

Here ars some scans of the Mauser.
    Sorry for the large scans.

Attached Files:

3. Michianaman

Michianaman New Member

Here's the bottom of the mags.
    The # 8712 mag was in the Erfurt.

Attached Files:

4. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

I could go on and on telling you about your Lugers, but you really only want to have some basic information, so I will keep this short. You have a WWI Erfurt and a WWII Mauser. Except for the replaced grips on the Erfurt and the mismatched magazines, both pistols appear to be in original unmolested condition. It looks like you have an extra magazine, and that has a value of about $125. You don't show the holster, so I can't tell you the value of that. The pistols are not in collectible condition, but would be of interest to buyers who are looking for a shooter quality Luger. The value of each pistol is somewhere near $1000, though a dealer might only offer half that amount.
  5. Michianaman

Michianaman New Member

Thank you for your help. The #7083 mag came with the Mauser also the grips are numbered correct for the Mauser. Here's some scans of the holster. Thanks again appreciated.

Attached Files:

6. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

The holster is valuable, as it looks like it might have a scarce date on it. I can make out the first three numbers 194 but can you tell me what the last number is? It's in nice condition and will be worth between 225 and 335 dollars.
  7. Michianaman

Michianaman New Member

The stamping is very light. Looks to be a 2.
    Also their is something stamped above the numbers but can't quite
    make it out. Looks like a OW or CW