Escalation: Israel/Gaza

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by GunnyGene, Nov 14, 2012.

1. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

This sounds like a rumor, but I've seen a couple blog posts from Israel, that part of the IDF is moving North towards the Lebanon border (Hezbollah stomping grounds). Apparently something is up other than Gaza.

Also some reports that at least a few rockets have been fired from the Sinai (Egypt).
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  2. twobit

twobit Active Member

The problem with using nukes is that the attacks on Israel are from a distance of fifty miles or so. Too close. Like having a grenade fight in a closed two car garage. No winner. Now if Egypt or Iran reach over to attack Israell, then the distance is far enough to survive their own nuke attack.The entire country of Israel is the size of New Jersey.
  3. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

Ya I know. But we can dream right?
  4. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

Well, actually that may not be entirely accurate. the B61-3/4/10 is a dial-a-yield from 0.3kt to 350kt, and there are plenty of them held by the US and Nato (~1300 in current inventory). Can be loaded on any current fighter/attack aircraft in service by Nato and Israel. I'm pretty sure Israel has some or a homegrown equivalent. 0.3kt is pretty small

US/Nato inventory of all known nukes: http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/systems/nuclear.htm

B-61 details: http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/systems/b61.htm
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  5. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

Our media is doing its usual thing by printing and showing pictures of the poor Palestinians holding their dead and wounded innocent women and children and blaming Israel for exercising its right to defend their life and property.

The only way to fight and win a real war is to demoralize the civilian population by inflicting massive civilian damage.
  6. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

They all need to grow a spine and start blaming Hamas. They started this; the Palestinians let them move in and take charge.

Hamas is in the "middle" and trying their best to start a war, knowing that the rest of Islam will come to their aid if Israel responds. Hamas doesn't give one rats-arse about their hosts.

Hamas wins.
  7. Conman

Conman Member

I can't wait for Israel to turn the place into a glass factory!!!
  8. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

+1
  9. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

Breaking: Israeli media is reporting that cease fire talks in Cairo have failed.

Hamas tells Western powers gives us arms, not cease fire proposals (right, like that's going to happen ).
  10. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

I don't think that I heard anybody mention that rockets are now flying in from Egypt.
    Imagine that.
  11. firefighter1635

Haven't heard that one yet but it wouldn't suprise me in the leist. I'm thinking Israel is totally fed up with the muzzies and aren't going to listen to anyone until they get the job done correctly this time.
  12. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

jpost.com mentioned that a couple days ago. No surprise given that the Muslim Brotherhood is running Egypt now. But if Israel target rocket sites in the Sinai, you can bet your last dollar that they'd be castigated for it.

The muzzies want a big war to bring in the global caliphate. Again, it's about who is the most committed.

Here's a good paper on the subject: http://www.strategicstudiesinstitute.army.mil/pubs/display.cfm?pubID=1134
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  13. flboots

flboots Well-Known Member

I saw in the news where hamas and other muslims and yellow journalist are making out like its Israels fault that people were killed by their return fire. Not one word on who fired the first shot. Shows how the yellow journalist and the muslims are in the same bed together.
  14. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

Hillery and Netanyahu presser just now. No cease fire announced. Next stop for Hillery is PLO and Egypt, so the shooting will continue at least another 24-48 hrs. I don't expect Hamas or Islamic Jihad to cave to PLO or Egypt pressure to cease fire, so I think that Israeli ground action is a go very soon.
  15. firefighter1635

This is what needs to happen. They need to line up, go door to door marching west and not stop until they reach water. Drive the fleas into the ocean, terminating any that can't swim. Only then will Israel know peace from gaza, alibet only briefly as fleas mutiply like rats.