1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Esses Single Shot

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by McNeer, May 20, 2012.

1. McNeer

McNeer New Member

I have my great-grandfathers Essex shotgun. It is a single shot 12 ga. with serial number 131635. Trying to determine value for insurance puposes.
  2. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

As a family heirloom it may be priceless, but few old single barrel shotguns are considered collectible, and are valued in the $50 to $100 range depending on condition.

Vorisek's "Shotgun Markings" lists Essex as a brand name used by Belknap Hardware of Louisville, Kentucky on guns made for them by Crescent, Stevens, and Harrington & Richardson.