Ever been so mad at your cell provider...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cpttango30, Jul 3, 2012.

1. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

You could just break something? I sure know I have been that mad. Here have internet on your phone but if you use it we are going to fine to use a service we provide. I myself being a techie guy like to do things with my phone like watch a tv show during lunch but I can't because if I do I will use up too much data and get charged more.

This guy got so mad that he destroyed an entire T-mobile store in the UK.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57465015-71/man-destroys-t-mobile-store-in-a-fit-of-anger/
  2. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Destroying a t moble store at the speed of one negro.
  3. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

see here lies the problem

You didn't want that phone to work did ya?
  4. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

I only use my cell phone to communicate and only when it is necessary, and for me, it's not necessary very often.

Myself and the wife have T-mobile pay as you go and this costs me about $16 every 3 months for each phone.

So, in answer to the question, "No, I have never been that mad at my provider"
  5. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

to answer your ?, no. i use tracfone
    i usually average making 1 call every two weeks, if that much.
    it costs me $100.00 a year
  6. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Sprint raised our bill $20 last month. Dumped them for Tracfone.
  7. Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

Nope. My iPhone has unlimited data. Grandfathered in from before they cut the data plans.
  8. BlkHawk73

BlkHawk73 New Member

Never had such a problem. Pretty darn easy to avoid too - simply buy the service plan that fits what you will need. Buying the cheap plan that doesn't allow a service then getting upset about that...it's not the provider that's to blame then. ;)
  9. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

We got 4 gigs/month instead ot the standard 2g but I don't really use the internet on it, google maps maybe is about it. But I agree, we pay $30 some dollars a month for internet but if you use much of any then you get charged out the yin-yang in addition, pretty ridiculous.

I have dumped AT&T TWICE though, so mad at them. Verizon has treated me well... T-Mobile is getting bought out by AT&T soon, brother in law works for T-mobile and might be out of a job soon, will see what happens...

They're all vultures IMO. We're the only country in the world that has service plans as the only option; I travel quite a bit and every country I visit, I just buy a SIM card for $2-5 and then load minutes with phone cards at roughly $10 for 300 minutes. So cheap and no contracts or overages. I use mine here in the states too much for tracphone though, so I'm stuck with $80/month...

so yes, I would really like to break something! just gotta figure out what...
  10. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

aa1911 look into Ting the next time.

ting.com

If they take off they will hurt the big 4 and make them wake up.

I think many people thing pay as you go is only for criminals kind of like only bad people want to use full autos and suppressors.
  11. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

good call, had not heard of them! no hold policy? pretty nice

yeah, only assassins use suppressors, hahaha

in Europe, it's rude to shoot without one someplaces. Can it!

at least WA made it legal to purchase suppressors last year without crazy amounts of paperwork, so it's easier to get your hands on one legally. Too expensive for me to justify one now though, later down the road...
  12. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

In my area only att and tmobile get good service for phone and poor data.
    sprint and verizon poor phone and no data.
    Never had any serious problems in 15 to 20 years of service.
    Now this "gentleman" will probably spend some time behind bars and
    owe for damages. He doesn't look really mad, he seems to be planning
    each thing he does. He's very controlled in his actions and not running
    amok.
  13. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

I used to get mad, then, I decided to go with providers that had the customer in mind.

Now, I'm on Virgin mobile. $25 a month for 300 phone minutes, unlimited texting and unlimited data (although, after 2.5 gigs, they slow it down - but I've never had that issue). I like my smart phone. It runs on the Sprint network.
  14. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

I've had SPRINT for over 9 years, now basically unlimited everything, my wife gets a nice work plan discount...no complaints here.

Our first Sanyo 8100 flip phones lasted 7 1/2 years, original batteries, new phones are 3G LG phones I got for FREE, can upgrade after September but I will keep as long as they are working fine.
  15. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

It must be the geeky tech guy in me. I can hardly keep my phone for 2 years with each contract. I normally end up on Ebay buying another one about a year after I get one.