Ever dream of death? What kind of dreams do you remember?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Urban_Black_Redneck, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Urban_Black_Redneck

Urban_Black_Redneck New Member

I once dreamed that I was piloting an airplane and crashed to the ground.

I had several dreams where I fell down from a staircase or cliff or something and came to a safe landing.

I also had a dream a few days after my grandma died and she was giving me a ride in a car into a strange garage. When I was in the garage, I remember telling her "it is still stealing" (don't know for sure why I said that...) and she replied "no its not!". My chest was shaking violently and then the image of a strange woman appeared in front of me and I woke up in the middle of the night.

I have had some other strange dreams but I will stop here.
  2. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Falling in a dream allegedly means you are apprehensive about the future. That is, if you believe in dream definitions.
  3. Urban_Black_Redneck

I don't know how much truth is in that, but I am more pissed off with the present than I am worried about the future it seems...
  4. shootstr8er

shootstr8er New Member

cent fl.the mouse is 30 miles north.and tampa 60 m
    ubr,,are u a pilot?everyone dreams of falling, out of millions,only 3 have died.lol..dreams of past relatives are normal.pm mewe can talk more..
  5. artabr

artabr New Member

I have very, very vivid dreams but have never dreamt about death or falling.
    My dreams are like a regular day in my life before my health went down hill. Kinda weird, but kinda cool. They do leave me feeling tired though.

Art
  6. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I dream about tornadoes and fire quite often. I must have a really screwed up psyche. I have had dreams where I was shot and some where I was stabbed. I have also had them with the Devil in them. I can also recall one dream with Jesus in it.

End of the world and alien invaders are also some dreams I have had. My wife tells me that I holler out sometimes at night but i don't usually remember what those dreams were about. I guess that if the FBI knew about my weird dreams I would never be allowed to own another firearm. :eek::eek::D:D:D:D:D:D
  7. Urban_Black_Redneck

If you are tired, it is getting time for rest...

What kind of health problems do you have? What are you dreaming about?

How often do you dream? I kinda wish I could dream every night...
  8. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    Dreamed of falling till i learned to fly.

Only died once.
    Sword thru the navel.
  9. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

I don't dream of death, thankfully. The dreams that "upset me" the most are the ones where I realize, on finals day, that I've been enrolled in a college course but haven't gone to class all semester, and haven't cracked open the book! Talk about panic and dread! (pinecone...I think that is interpreted as having anxiety about a situation in life over which you feel powerless?)

I sometimes will jolt awake if I dream I'm falling...I really don't like those!!

After my brother, sister and father died, I had very interesting dreams about them...somewhat comforting...somewhat not...

jackson....you poor guy! Your dreams don't sound very sleeper-friendly.... :(
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  10. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I'm up right now after having a truely hellish nightmare...

mike
    gn
  11. artabr

artabr New Member

:D
    I'm an insomniac, I sometimes go for a couple of days without sleep on a pretty regular basis, meaning once or twice a week. You have no idea of how bad I wish that I was tired. :D

Health wise, beside the insomnia, I have some heart problems and I get very bad bouts of vertigo along with the standard old fart issues.

I use to never dream (that I remembered). I'd have maybe 1 dream a year that I was aware of.

I was a very heavy smoker, 2-3 packs a day. I decided to quit.

I started using the patch to quit. The package said that vivid dreams could be a side effect.
    They weren't kidding, the first night I dreamt about work all night. The next day AT work, I felt like I was on OT. :rolleyes:
    That was 3½ years ago and the dreams have never stopped.

Like I said the dreams are like normal life, no fuss, no muss. It's just like a regular day. The are very vivid and life like, but nothing strange. :)

Art
  12. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

I could tell you about my day, Art... always puts my husband to sleep when I do that.... *hair flip*

Seriously.....I'm sorry you have insomnia...that is SUCH a drag!!! :(
  13. artabr

artabr New Member

I'm so use to it now, it's not to bad, other than when I have something going on the next day. In that case I have to plan it out and more than likely take a sleeping pill.
    Luckily, I don't have much of a life. :rolleyes: :D

Art
  14. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

I have a dream that comes from time to time. It's of an incident that really happened, a gun grabber got hold of my revolver, a Smith M65, turned it to me belly height and pulled the trigger. The whole thing took a second. It only happened the once, but it had a long lasting effect. The ease and speed of the incident scared the whatsits out of me.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2009
  15. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

It's one reason I like autos with a flip safety. I figure it gives you some extra time to react.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2009