Ever see a flintlock in slow motion?

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by Alpo, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

2. Enfield

Enfield New Member

Hi Alpo
    That was really good. I have a photo of me shooting my old India pattn Brown Bess and that would explain a few scorched hairs on the back of my hand :D - They say there is no smoke without fire and there sure is a lot of smoke :D

Cheers

Enfield

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  3. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

Interesting.

I opine that the FFg has likely been sprayed with hairspray of similar material to slow its burn rate.
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Huh. I didn't even grok on it being 2F. Wonder what it woulda looked like if it was 4F, like it was s'posed to've been.
  5. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    Hate to say it but back in the day they did NOT use a seperaate grade of powder in the pan than in the barrel. They primed from the horn with the same powder the loaded the load with. The standing orders of a company of the line is to prime pan, pour powder down barrel, ram ball home, and make ready to shoot. Yes they primed the pan first since they wee using paper wrapped loads so the had to prime the pan from the powder in the load first. Yes it was dangerous. I shot a LOT of flint locks, I will shoot up to 200 pounds of powder per year, I always prime with what I load with with as they did in day of old. If you want to watch a slow one, watch a hi speed viedo of a wheel lock!
  6. frizzen

frizzen New Member

My little 32 pistol
    [​IMG]