Ever Sell Guns You Don't Use Much To Buy A New One

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flyingtiger85, Aug 29, 2011.

1. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Well-Known Member

I've kinda been craving a Ruger GP-100 or a Ruger Blackhawk 357/9mm stainless.The gun funds are a little low and ya got that gun fever feeling going on.Have you ever looked at the inventory and started thinking.I don't know if it's that Christmas morning feeling or waiting to shoot it.Sometimes you don't want to wait.It will probalbly pass,that way you'll end up with more guns.
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I do it all the time. Thats what its all about.. refining your collection. I have 2 gun safes. one is full of stuff i WONT sell and one is full of stuff I trade off to get new stuff.
  3. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

I'm always looking to reduce my no-longer-wanted pile of guns. In this past year I've sold/traded off over a dozen long guns.
  4. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I frequently sell/trade guns that I'm not interested in anymore.

Only a few pieces hold any sentimental value to me. One is a Remington .22 that belonged to my grandfather, the one he taught us to shoot with. The other is a Ruger 10/22 that my wife gave me as a wedding present.

Everything else could go if something else struck my fancy. It's the only way I get to try out new toys at the rate I like.
  5. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

I have been debating on doing something with my Rock River AR10. I have really been wanting a 1911 and something for Donna.....but so far I generally keep what I get.
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I picked up a new toy today. paid cash tho. no trade offs..:)
  7. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

And there is my problem...no cash, but so much I want....LOL
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I truly feel your pain J. Not all that long ago I was selling 3 to buy 1 because I didnt have the funds available and craved champagne on a beer budget..
  9. H-D

H-D Active Member

no pics?
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

yup.. .22 rimfire forum.. 'my new toy' thread
  11. Juker

Juker New Member

I've sold more than a few over the last 30 years, some I barely remember, one I keep kicking myself about, to this day. Colt .357 Python, 22 years ago, I still wake up screaming in the dead of night... But it was a bad patch and there were bills to pay.
  12. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

I, too, do it all the time . I've made some good deals and some really dumb ones. Trading a Spencer rifle was the worst one. I think about it almost daily and kick myself! To embarrassed to say what I traded it for .:(
  13. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

I usually keep something to trade, like the S&W model 67 Combat Masterpiece I have currently. I'll put some cash with it and buy something else. It's usually something I get in trade but is a duplicate or something I don't need. But, the trading and selling is always fun. I usually end up missing most of them and have even bought or traded again to get it back. :D
  14. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Oh my, this thread brings up memories I would just as soon not visit. Yea I have sold lots of guns to have money to buy others and I like the new ones but:banghead: why did I sell that one or the other one or that Smith or that Colt. if I had just kept that one and sold the other one:thud:
  15. Chinook

Chinook New Member

Right now, Im trying my damdest to build my collection, but those "trade ya this fer that" deals are sometime too hard to pass up! Although Im just in my infancy with the firearm collection, I still like to think Ive owned quite a few, even tho the safe is lookin pretty bare! But I like that idea JLA has! One safe for your "sacred arms" and the other for "notso sacred" arms! Welp, guess I need another safe! Hahahaha!