Ever Sell Guns You Don't Use Much To Buy A New One

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flyingtiger85, Aug 29, 2011.

1. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

I like to think of buy, sell and trade as part of the sport and most of us do have some we'll part with and some we won't.
    Unfortionately living in California can be a real buzz kill on that part of the fun as they make it hard to even connect with potential barters. Many classifieds won't even allow guns for sale. Too many democrats here pushing everything through licensed dealers in their efforts to ban firearms all together.
    Heaven forbid you've ever been arested for say, being ugly in a no-ugly zone, then your really screwed!
  2. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

http://www.armslist.com/classifieds/california

I'm not affiliated with this site, but I think it is is a great resource for anyone looking to buy/sell/trade firearms and related items. It's broken down state-by-state and even more within that, or you can search nationwide.
  3. obxned

obxned New Member

I've often traded guns in the past. However, any gun I have today that I would be willing to sell or trade is going to get saved for the day when any functioning firearm with ammo will be worth its weight in gold. That probably won't happen next week or next month, but next year????
  4. berto64

berto64 Active Member

The longer Obummer stays in office the closer that day comes.

You have to go to the poles folks.
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    While I don't have as many guns as some here, I do own a few. I have sold/traded in the past, but only because I had no other choice. I have to answer your question with a no! I don't sell, or trade, what I have. I just add to the collection. I operate on the theroy that if it don't serve a purpose, then I don't own it. I don't buy plinking guns, I buy guns that serve a specific purpose, and then plink with them when I want to.
  6. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Thanks for the link, looks like a good site.
  7. Bodyguard

Bodyguard New Member

I've been a big time trader for several years, I used to NEVER get rid of one but ran out of space and refuse to buy a bigger safe. The trouble is, I've traded myself in to a corner, no longer do I have several on hand that I would trade, as I've traded for better guns for the past year (28 hand and 8 long guns last year alone) and now can't find any I'd get rid of. But, since I've got a GREAT collection of guns I really like, I guess I'll take a break for now. :D
    BG
  8. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Active Member

I'd trade some, that is if I had any to trade!
  9. Blackhawk Dave

Blackhawk Dave New Member

I had an old .22 that didn't feed right, and a break-top .22 snake gun, traded it in at the pawn shop on a lever-action Model 94 lever-action. Traded an old 30-06 for a .410 as well. It's all in what you have and what you want.
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

And sometime what you really want ends up being something you had and traded.. Hate it when that happens.
  11. terminator

terminator Member

What ya got to trade??
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I been thinkin of trading off my accurized SS mini14. Want to get the wife a .223 boltaction, something like a savage 10PC..
  13. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Yeah...I must admit I have...and soon regretted selling them...:)
  14. 218bee

218bee New Member

YES............ And I wish I had about half of them back. Long ago I got rid of any "collectible" guns that I couldn't shoot (for fear of reducing their value)
    But along the way I sold others to buy something new. Many times it was a good choice, but I have sold some I wish-ta-dickens....I had back. The "ole- 20_20 hind-sight" cliche'.....Don in SC :(
  15. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Yeah, I've done it in the past, but try not to do it too much. I traded my Ruger Blackhawk for a S & W Mod. 28 some years ago. I was tired of the single action wanted a nicer double action wheel-gun. I've never regretted the trade, the Mod. 28 is a great shooting pistol. :cool:

BTW, it wasn't an even trade, I had to throw in some cash along with the Blackhawk to do the deal on the S & W.
  16. bgr2014

bgr2014 New Member

I have done some of those kind of deals myself. Sold an Ithaca mod. 600 20ga o/u like new for $200 and found one 20yrs. later but the Japan made one and gave $475 for it, won't sell this one. Also sold S&W mod41 target 22lr. for $200 was probably worth $600 at that time. Got out of guns and hunting started bass fishing, WRONG it cost me more than guns and hunting. Been back into guns and hunting since 74.
  17. patriot1973

patriot1973 New Member

I have done it once or twice before, and have always regretted it later. Better to save up and wait than let one go.
  18. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

Sold my Ruger Super Blackhawk and bought a first series Vaquero, 7 1/2" in .45 Colt. Fun gun to shoot, but a bit clunky for carry afield, so it's been joined by a 4 5/8" Vaquero, also early series and also in .45 Colt. The latter is my carry gun these days.
  19. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Although I don't like to do it, I have. Heck, I don't even know anyone who hasn't. Nobody really likes doing it that much either but, it is what it is and if you've been in the game long enough you find that it's a part of the hobby.
  20. BlueDragonLair

BlueDragonLair Member

Just a thought if you happen to pick up a gun just because, be sure to either shoot it or at least break it down to inspect it when you get it.
    Reason being, I bought a new Jennings 22 at a Pawn/jewelry store, oh about 15 or so years ago because it was marked new and was on $$SALE$$ that couldn't pass up. I don't remember what I paid but I know it was not much, like less than $50. It was just something to leave in center console compartment of a seldom used pickup.
    About year ago took truck for brake replacement and took it out. I figured had not been shot before and been sitting all that time I would clean it and go see how it shot.
    Well I had to look on YouTube, please don't laugh to much, at how to break it down. With a ball point pen, LOL! If I knew that back then I would not of bought it. Anyway, firing pin never engaged. I got it apart and back together but still firing pin don't work. All the parts are there and rewatched video and looks like I put back together right. Tried it 3 or 4 times even got Mama to watch video and make sure had spring and pin in right direction.
    Kinda ashamed to take it to a gunsmith, so it's in junk box now. And after 15 years alittle late to complain at store, LOL!