Everyone Passed!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yetiman, Jan 22, 2012.

1. yetiman

yetiman New Member

Well my wife, my daughter and I all three attended a handgun permit class today in Jackson, Tn and passed! My wife used my snub nosed .38 and shot 98% only missing the blue area 1 time! Now she is wanting to get her own semi-auto pistol.....My daughter bought a brand new Ruger SR9c? 9mm Friday and shot it for the first time today at the range during class and scored 100%!
    I am such a happy man....lol. :D
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  2. yetiman

yetiman New Member

I did get a picture of my wife's target before it got officially scored......

Attached Files:

3. gunguy25

gunguy25 New Member

Congrats and good shooting.
  4. The_Rifleman

The_Rifleman New Member

Cool!
    I bet it is a load off a husband and father's mind to know they'll have them.
  5. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

Congrats to all of you :dancingdots:.

You didn't say what your score was though. When my wife and I went, she out shot me.
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Nice! I know you are proud! Here in TX our instructors tell us not to shoot a perfect score! A perfect score being 250, we all shoot for something in the 240 range. Also, here in TX if you qualify with a revolver, then that's all you get to carry, so everybody qualifies with a semi-auto.
  7. rustyfugger

rustyfugger Member

Good call in getting the family involved and trained. This way the husband can have a little peace of mind.
  8. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Just don't make the wife mad!:eek::D
  9. yetiman

yetiman New Member

I have heard about that in Texas, in Tennessee you can qualify with a revolver and carry a semi no problem. I wonder why they don't want perfect scores? I made 100 on written exam and 100 on range as well.....guess maybe the liberals will be mewling it is to easy or something.....
  10. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

When we did the live fire, my wife was using a Ruger 22 and I was using a new to me Berretta 92. We were down to the last round of firing and she says "You didn't make a happy face." I told her I wasn't Mel Gibson and this ain't Lethal Weapon. So I put the last round in the forehead :ya:. The instructor said that that was better than a happy face ;).
  11. yetiman

yetiman New Member

Lol, I forgot to add my wife has only fired the .38 a couple of times and NEVER used the double action. The instructor made revolver users fire double action only and she did great! I don't think if I could have done that......**locks post away so she never sees this**
  12. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Here in Oklahoma ,if you qualify with a semi-auto your legal to carry anything else allowed. I used my Ruger Mk111. If I had to qualify with a revolver, DA only, I'm not sure I would have done very well. Kudos to your wife!:)
  13. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

Here in Missouri we have to shoot with both a semi and a revolver, no caliber restrictions so we shoot with .22's, have to shoot 50 rounds through each total. You get 20 to qualify with, have to have 15 in the silhouette at 7 yards. You can carry whatever you want.
  14. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

Congratulations. A family that shoots together, stays together.
  15. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

Here in New York you don't have to qualify at all. No shooting test is required for a CCW permit.