Excellent??

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/17/01 9:03:54 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Excellent??
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ordered a rifle from AIM and paid the extra cash for excellent. The rifle is a Yugo 24/47. Let me start with the accessories. First all the leather and fabric(pouches/straps) will go in the garbage if I keep the gun. Trust me they are shot and way beyond repair. The gun also came with a muzzle attachment used to fragment wooden bullets. This thing fell apart in my hands when I took it out of the package. It was rusted in two. The stock has numerous indentations in it some about a 1/4 inch wide by 2" long and about 1/4 inch or so deep. On the trigger housing above the mag. well it looks like someone used a hammer or a punch to try and take off the bottom mag. housing because there are dents in the metal deeper than the blueing with burs sticking out from them and on the receiver/barrel it has a few rust pits.

My question is..Is this normal?? Is this excellent for a 24/47?

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (10/18/01 7:40:05 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Excellent??
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I would call AIM and describe what you have. I have encountered before with some distributors you pay for "Excellent" or "Hand Pick" and the order puller in the warehouse ignores that and just pulls one off the stack.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!