Exposing Alex Jones

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Zigzag2, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

A Word About Alex Jones...

http://www.politicalhobbyist.com/debunked/alexjones.html

Alex Jones is Austin's leading conspiracy theorist. He advocates the usual mix of laughable conspiracy paranoia, from the Federal Reserve and the Rockefellers to the CFR and the UN. He's gained quite an audience, if for no other reason than he's passionate about his beliefs. When Alex gets a good head of steam, he's pretty entertaining to watch.

Anyway, Alex has a few of his own "personal" conspiracy theories. I say personal because they aren't as commonplace as the usual Web theories. This section is designed to address many of those theories.

Alex can be seen on Austin Public Access Cable, channel 10, on Tuesday nights from 8:30 pm to 11:00 pm; he is also a frequent host of "Bad Bob Presents" on Monday evenings from 11:00 pm to midnight, also on channel 10. He is frequently joined by another public-access conspiracy theorist, Jeff Davis. Mr. Davis also hosts his own show on Monday nights from 7:00 to 8:00 pm; the duo hosts another show in the afternoon on either Wednesdays or Thursdays, but I'm unsure of exactly when. Alex is also fairly unique in that he's gathered enough of a following to have a commercial radio program; he can be heard on Saturday evenings on 98.9 KJFK from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm.

One of Alex's fans has set up a web site. He clearly agrees with Alex on most things, although he is open-minded enough to have included e-mails from myself as well as links I've sent him debunking many of Alex's claims. It's called Wake Up With Alex Jones & Jeff Davis. He's set up a link where you can listen to Alex in streaming audio. Be sure you have the RealPlayer plugin installed if you want to hear it. Another site, PoliticalTexan, has also archived his shows in streaming audio here. Also, Alex and Jeff are involved in an organization called Texas Best Seminars.

I should note that I bear neither Mr. Jones nor Mr. Davis any ill will. However, much of what they say is simply untrue and I think that people ought to have a resource that tells them why. I am not, nor would I ever, suggest censoring either man. Guys like this, I suppose, are the price we pay for the First Amendment.
  2. Shizamus

Shizamus New Member

My opinion..... Pure Klaptrap.

Very old article.

He hasn't been on KJFK in years.

You can please some of the people some of the time,
    you cannot please all of the people all of the time.

So let's carry on. :D
  3. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

that doesn't change the fact Alex Jones is a conspiracy theorist,
    does it? :D
  4. Shizamus

Shizamus New Member

Again it is about choices.
    There is no fact that he is. You are trying to make
    it factual by developing your own conspiracy theory
    about his supposed conspiracy theory.

Show me the fact.

You can paste the label of 'conspiracy theorist' on
    anyone who goes outside the box or mainstream
    thinking, but that does not make them wrong !

To label someone is to be divisive and to degrade
    the other individual just because his belief system
    is not in agreement with yours and that is wrong. :)
  5. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

All I've done is cut and pasted an oppositional view.

1 that portrays Alex Jones as a conspiracy theorist.
    (their words not mine, exactly the same way you do)

You seem to question the authenticity of the written word, is it just mine?

or

is it someone elses that that don't subscribe to your idealisms?

How about we both knock this shite off, and tip-toe through the tulips?

:D
  6. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Well now wait a minute. Zigzag2, you launched this thread, as well as several others, in an attempt to discredit Alex Jones. Shizamus has disagreed with you and asked for proof of your claim. And now you want to "knock this shite off"?

For the record, I personally believe Alex Jones is right on when it comes to certain issues. And with other issues, he's way off. But that's just my personal opinion.

At the very least, it's worth hearing what he has to say on a lot of issues. It will at least get you to thinking and questioning.
  7. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Huh?

If I'm discrediting Alex Jones, that would mean someone else is promoting Alex Jones.

Thats fair enough...

the guy is agreeably 1/2 @$$ed! :D
  8. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

TOUCHÉ!!!!

I love it.................
  9. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Double TOUCHÉ!!!!
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  10. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Obviously, a person with too much time on their hands, of course I'm referring to Alex Jones and no one else.

Must be nice to be paid to think these things up! Can I get this kind of Job?
  11. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

inplanotx can I suggest, listening to real talk radio @
    www.gcnlive.com ... till your ears bleed! :D
  12. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Thanks, Ziggy, I will give it a try. However, those that spout whimsical transparencies I tune out quickly. Give me the meat of the matter. I may not be able to digest it all in one sitting, but Iwill have the gumption to persue it further until I am satisfied whether it is right or wrong. No offense meant to anyone. I think for myself, not for some convenient conveyance!