Eye Test

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lead, Oct 31, 2012.

1. lead

lead Well-Known Member

I had to get my Missouri driver's license renewed today. In Mo., we renew every 6 years. Part of the renewal is an eye exam.
    I swear, the eye chart you have to read is alot smaller then the one I remember seeing 6 years ago! Those darn letters were moving too, trying to hide from me.
    I have a feeling a visit to the eye doctor may be on my agenda or, 6 years from now, I'll be walking.
    Growing old sucks.
  2. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I never had good eyes anyway. Age hasn't made them better. I can't see much without them. Can't even watch tv anymore without them on. I have a very good doctor and I see very good with his glasses. I still can outshoot my son with a pistol with my glasses.
  3. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

I know the feeling. Every four years I worry about passing the eye exam at the MBV. In my state and town they have viewers you have to look through, rather than an eye chart. Now tell me how are those things are supposed to work when you wear bifocals? I never know if I should look through the near or far side of my lenses when looking throuogh those blasted things. I can pass the eye exam at the eye doc, but I always have trouble with those blasted viewers. I think you should just be able to bring a slip from your eye doc stating that you can see to drive.
  4. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

i have been wearing glasses since i was 6 years old