F.B.Radom VIS.35 Value

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by sriddle, Mar 15, 2008.

1. sriddle

sriddle New Member

I have an F.B Radom VIS Mod.35 that I would like to know the value of. The pistol is marked as follows:

On the left side of the slide “F.B.RADOM VIS MOD.35.Pat.Nr.15567.(an eagle symbol – looks like a real bird) and (another symbol that looks like a scale). The second line on the slide shows the eagle (different from the one on the first line) above the letters WaA77 followed by “P.35(p)”. The eagle and WaA77 also appears on the receiver.There is also what looks like two small “V”s and something else on the trigger guard. On the right side of the pistol the serial number”D0259” is stamped on the receiver.

The pistol has a decocker, take down latch, grip safety, shoulder stock slot, and lanyard loop. It also has black plastic grips with FB on one side and VIS on the other. I believe this makes this one of the first Nazi production guns referred to as Grade 1 German VIS.

Thanks for any help.
  2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

These pistols have sufstantially picked up in value in the last couple of years, as collector interest has greatly increased. The books are way off in trying to price these, as gun show values are now as high as $750 in 95% or better condition. Of course, this is assuming original finish, matching numbers, and excellent bore.
  3. Brynele

Brynele New Member

4. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi sriddle.....welcome to TFF. :)

You're right. Your VIS has all the earmarks of the Type 1 early Nazi production P.35s.

Blue Book value (% = amount of original finish left):

P.35 Nazi Radom Type 1 - 3 Lever & Slot:

98% - $1,075
    95% - $900
    90% - $725
    80% - $575
    70% - $500
  5. rbgill

rbgill New Member

The model you have sounds like the first model made under German control. One of the marks on the slide could be a polish mark because alot of the 1st models were made with pieces already manufactured. I have this model and you can look with a magnifying glass and see the nazi symbol (eagles wings and swastica) stamped on just about every piece. I'm not sure about the value because mine was picked up in WW2 by my mothers father. He gave it to my father and I now have it. I have the original holdster and bullets. It's a great family heirloom and you should try and keep it in your family.
  6. alc

alc New Member

I obtained this weapon about 40 years ago and have always wanted to find out about its history. Mine has a serial number of
    G2225. Any idea which verison it is? I don't have a magazine for it, so I've never fired it.