F.B. Radom Vis Mod 35

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jkUS, Jul 19, 2009.

1. jkUS

jkUS New Member

I'm not very read on firearm terminology so forgive me if I misuse any terms.

I inherited this pistol from my grandfather and just wanted to learn some more about it.

From what I've read so far I believe it is what some have called a "Grade 3" version of the Vis Mod 35 due to the lack of a take-down lever and shoulder stock slot.
    On the left side of the slide is stamped: F.B. Radom VIS Mod.35.Pat.Nr.15567 followed by what looks like an eagle on top of a swastika.

Underneath previous stamp on slide: A small figure that I can't make out, some illegible letters, and numbers that appear to be 528, but very unsure.

An 'S' stamped on the slide catch.

On the right side above trigger: E9944

Several stamps of an eagle over a 77.

A stamp of the same eagle over I believe a 189 on the bottom of the clip.

Underneath the hammer release is a symbol I can't make out and then P0184.

The grips are brown plastic with FB on the left grip and VIS on the right grip.
    It seems this pistol saw some use either during WWII or by my grandfather (he used this weapon in combination with his Luger to hunt coyotes).
    Guessing on the low side but I would put it at about 80% blueing and some pitting.
    No holster, and 1 clip.
    Have taken it apart several times to clean and internal workings all seem clean and in good condition (except for for a problem that I ask about a bit later)

I have two questions about this pistol.

1) Just curious as to what value this pistol has. Not interested in selling but just wanted to know. A broad range answer is fine. I know the lack of pictures makes it hard to determine.

2) I have test fired this weapon several times and it seems to have a problem with jamming when the clip is near full. It seems to me that the clip spring is not pushing the round far enough into the action. Could this be the cause? And if so, what clips are compatible with this weapon so I can maybe try to find a new one?

Thank very much for your time and help.
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

3. jkUS

jkUS New Member

Sounds good, thank you.
  4. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Late war Radoms range in value from $350 to $700. I would estimate one in 80% condition would sell for $400 or so.