Fabrique D'Armes info needed

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by rrffjj, Apr 8, 2009.

1. rrffjj

rrffjj New Member

I'm trying to find any info available on a Fabrique D'Armes de Guerre automatic. Cal 7.65, Ser Nr 10152. I recently picked this up at a gun show and am unable to locate any info on the maker, approx age, etc. This weapon appears to be in very good shape, considering the unknown age. However when I took it to the range to test fire it the shell casing expanded in the bore and had to be removed with a cleaning rod. The casing was not cracked or mishapened in any way. Ammo used was Magtech 32 S&W, 85 gr. After the casing of the 1st round stuck in the barrel I ceased firing until I can have a gunsmith check it out.
    Also: I had to cycle the action 3 or 4 times to get the round to load. Nice strong spring action in the clip. Wrong ammo possibly? Approx value?
    Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Danny

Danny Member

:eek:Hello,
    First of all we need pics , but I think what you have is a FN 1922 32acp pistol.The German air force during WW2 issued these to their pilots. #2 is I think you used the wrong ammo.U need just plain Jane 32acp hard ball to shoot it. Does it have any military markings like WaA on it? Hope this helps.
    Regards
    Danny
  3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Yeah, 32 S&W is a revolver round. Not supposed to work in an automatic. The correct ammo, most likely, is 32 ACP, also called 32 Auto or 7.65 Browning.
  4. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

lucky guy. ..... wrong ammo 32 acp
  5. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

yeah brother you was feeding it the wrong food. You need some .32auto. Your lucky all it did was get stuck after firing. I'll have to dig through some of my old picks and show you what hapened to a guy at our rod & gun club up in Ohio when he didthe same thing. He now wears a eye patch and had some plastic sugery to fix the crushed nasal cavaties under his right eye.
  6. rrffjj

rrffjj New Member

Thanks one and all for the replies.. I'll try to enclose some photos (not too good at this enclosure stuff). Big Ugly posted a nice Luger photo, wish I could say mine looked like that but far from it. I really doubt mine was a German pilot sidearm but if the photos come thru it should help i.d. it. As for the ammo, who knew? Certainly not me since the seller included it with the weapon. But when the first round jammed I didn't want to push my luck with a second round. We actually do get smarter as we get older.

Attached Files:

7. rrffjj

rrffjj New Member

Forgot to mention..... No markings other than the serial number and FABRIQUE D'ARMES de GUERRE CAL 765 (large #7, nrs 65 small and underlined).
    Thanks again.....
  8. Danny

Danny Member

Well I was wrong on the 1922 model. That pistol is an early one for sure. Maybe one of the other members can help?
    Regards
    Danny
  9. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Something is wrong here, The picture is of a Eibar Ruby, not a FN. Or to put it another way, the Information given and the photo shown do not compute. The gun shown never left any factory in Belgium. Either someone is playing games ( useing 32 shorts instead of 32 ACP, I don't even think they will chamber. and if it did chamber any at all, the slide would not close. and if the slide was not closed, the gun would not fire, if it did fire out out battery, then he wouldn't have a gun left to photograph. ) or, well I don't know what else to think. The gun pictured does have some resemblence to the French Pyrenees-Unique Model 17, but that's a long way from what was posted.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  10. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

He said Fabrique D'arms, not Fabrique National D'arms. He said that a couple of times. I'm guessing that means the gun is NOT an FN. Maybe it's some Belgian knockoff of a Spanish junk gun.
  11. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

He also posted "De Guerre", which is FN. There was a Fabrique Francaise D'Armes De Guerre. which only made a 6.35MM. Almost if someone sat down with a Standard Catalong of Handguns and pick and choose enought information to be interresting.:confused: Could be wrong , been wrong before and I betcha I will be wrong again.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  12. rrffjj

rrffjj New Member

Don't know what else to tell you. The pictures and inscription are of the actual weapon I'm trying to find info on. The FABRIQUE (etc) inscription is centered on the left side of the slide approx 1/8" below where the slide starts to curve over the top. The ser nr is on the frame just above where the trigger guard starts. Both are approx 1/8" tall.
    Just tried to take photos of the inscription but the automatic flash gives too much reflection due to the finish. Would probably show up if it were blued but no signs of bluing are evident. The only other chararistic is what appears to be a lanyard attachment ring on the lower right corner of the left side grip.
    'Tiz a puzzlement, eh?
    And NO, this is not a joke just to get you thinking. Nice little auto, sure wish I knew more about it.
    Thanks again, I appreciate the replies and info gained so far.
  13. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Try reaseaaching Unique Model 17.
  14. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

Spanish made, Eibar, Ruby-type .32 automatic. Not particularly rare, not particularly valuable.
  15. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

the name "Fabrique D'Armes de Guerre de Grand Precision" was a registrated trade name for the company Etxezagarra & Abitua of the eibar region in spain. they manufactured Ruby type semi-autos ans well as other type between the two wars. they made the same pistoll with at least 8 different names. the book pistols of the world hogg and weeks suggest this company was just a distributor and the actual manufacturer may have Tomas de Urizar. Urizar could be called the H&A of the spanish gun manugacturer used many many different names on the same model. this is what i believe this pistol is. most likely some of the markings are not visable any more.
    bill
  16. rrffjj

rrffjj New Member

Thanks one and all for the replies. Especially the ammo info. Should do a whole lot better. So far the closest I've come to finding a manual for it is one on the Browning Auto Pistol 1900-02. Which is a Fabrique National D'Armes de Guerre. (Horstal near Leige). And a reprint of a Browning FN model 1900. As the saying goes: "Close, but no cigar". But I still might pick those up for basic info. Also have an info request out to another firearms board. Will keep checking back here in case you find out anything else.
    Keep your powder dry and your sights on target.
  17. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

It's unlikely you will find a manual.
    Disassembly is as follows: lock the slide back with magazine removed. Turn the barrel as far as you can. Release the slide, while holding it.
  18. rrffjj

rrffjj New Member

Finally found more info from GunBoards.....
    Here's a link with a ton of info on these little autos. Sorry I don't know how to hyperlink it but it's well worth reading. I even found a makers mark (with a strong magnifying glass) that tells me who made it. Circa 1920.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=88044

Thanks again for all your help.

Keep your powder dry and your sights steady.

Richard
  19. rrffjj

rrffjj New Member

Looks like I'm back again with more or less the same problem. I'm still experiencing jams between rounds. Using Aguila .32 auto ammo the first round fires and ejects properly, the second round won't eject. I had a local gunsmith check the barrel and he polished/smoothed it out as able but still have the ejection problem. So now it's time to locate a replacement barrel. Any one out there have a source?
  20. jerry kl

jerry kl New Member

I own one of these 32 automatics--found jamming problem on mine to be caused by the clip not high enough in the handle--cured the problem until I can take it to a gunsmith by pushing up on clip bottom as I fire it and it cured the jamming --might be your problem--need to get fixed but it seems to work for me now