Fabrique National d'Arms de Guerre

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by kajgbria, Mar 9, 2006.

1. kajgbria

kajgbria New Member

Hello All.

I was trying to locate some info on a 9MM pistol. It says "Belgian Fabrique Nationale d’Armes de Guerre...Brownings patent depose". It has a serial # 376xx and on barrel #6xx. Also has wings with a swastika on it in two places. Sorry unfortunately I cannot be more help on it b-cuz my dad actually received it from a family member that got it off a German soldier.

My dad said it is in excellent shape. I am not sure of other markings but I will/can find out.

I guess I wanna try and find the year it was manufactured, model...and just the history behind it...and possibly how much it might be worth.

Any details behind it that anyone can give or a way to track the serial # would be a TON of help. If you have any suggestions or maybe even details or other markings that I need to ask my dad about...it'll help!!!

Sorry if I am not following the requirements for this forum post but...I just need to be directed where to look :)

Please email me any info if possible...

Thanks
    Brian
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2006
  2. mtnboomer

mtnboomer New Member

Oklahoma by birth. America by the grace of God.
    Does it look similar to this? If it does, it is a FN-made Browning Model 1935 Hi-Power. Many of these fine firearms, which were originally carries by British and other Allied soldiers, were carried by Nazi Germans after they captured the Fabrique Nationale factory in Belgium.

Attached Files:

3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi kajgbria.....welcome to TFF.

Your WWII FN Browning pistol is most likely one of these two:

Browning Model 1922: http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg95-e.htm

.....or the Browning Hi-Power, Model 1935: http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg17-e.htm

Both were used by the Germans as sidearms after they captured the Browning factory in Herstal, Belgium early in 1940.

Whichever of those two you have, those websites will give a bunch of information on it.

The Blue Book says that the Germans captured a stock of pre-war Model 1935s in the serial range of 40,000 to 47,000 and manufactured a number of pistols in the 50,001 to 53,000 range.

Does your pistol have a German proof # on it? Such as WaA613, WaA103, or WaA140?

We prefer to answer questions here on the forum so that others can learn from your questions and our answers.
  4. kajgbria

kajgbria New Member

Thanks Xboomer and Mtnboomer!!!

I am not sure...I will have my pops get me more info about it like looking for German proof #'s and such.

Unfortunately I dont have a pic of it. :(

I will definitely get back with you both! :D

Also what exactly are the proof marks and is there a description of these marks anywhere???

Thanks

~B
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2006
  5. stash247

stash247 New Member

Xracer, if it's 9mm, it'd be a Hi-Power, no?
    The M-1922 was in .32/ 7.65 mm, and 9 Kurz, but rarely, in Europe.
    Kid's gonna inherit an interesting weapon, either way, eventually!
    All the best, to all, Terry
  6. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Yeah, Stash.....if it's a 9mm Parabellum, it's an M1935 Hi-Power, but the M1922 in 9mm Kurz was also a secondary German sidearm.

A lot of people see "9mm" and don't know what Kurz means, and assume it's the larger round.