'Facebook' 1911 challange, My rant

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by al45lc, May 10, 2012.

1. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

UF, I dont get it either. While I dont like glocks, I have never said they arent reliable or they dont shoot or whatever. I just dont like them. I happen to think a 1911 is superior in looks and design and has proven itself for far more years than the glock. Still doesnt mean the glock wont shoot. Their just butt ugly and not as accurate. But, thats ok. I am thrilled someone doesnt like the 1911s because its already hard enough to find them as it is, my suppliers are out of them all the time. I can buy those poly guns by the truckload all day long.
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Pincus has been around a while, he started out in the Military. His background in military, law enforcement, executive protection and recreational shooting, as well as owning his own companies for teaching combat/SD hand gun.

I think most of these guys start out all right, then they become popular, start hanging out with those folks that have money, and an opinion to go with the money! They soon lose contact with their roots, and start to spout what the popular Rich folks are saying. Tom Grisham on his "Gun Talk Raido" program once stated that the 7.69X32 was not a good deer round. They all wind up in the same place, lost in their beliefe that they are
    "The" expert that everyone else has to listen to in order to learn anything.
  3. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Here's the video. Notice the EXTERNAL extractor on the Kimber. Do they even sell them anymore ? They did have problems and I have heard stories of Kimber exchanging those slides for ones with Internal extractors....as they should have been before. I personally don't like an external extractor on any 1911.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMbQYkMoJGo&feature=related

I don't put much stock in this guy. He's painting with a BROAD brush.
  4. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Ya gotta wonder if the opinions of some of these "pros" doesn't carry about as much weight as a NASCAR driver's recomendation of a certain brand of motor oil.
  5. ares338

ares338 New Member

Of you don't ask for a product sent to you in the mail you legally don't have to pay for it! I've been through that mess.