Facsimile Stag Grips USFA Single Action

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Hanover67, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Hanover67

Hanover67 Member

I am looking for a maker of facsimile Stag/Horn grips for a USFA Single Action. I bought a pair for another gun but have lost the name and address of the manufacturer, which I think was in Arizona or New Mexico. Any ideas?
  2. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

Why not get real stag grips?
  3. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

4. Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay New Member

AJAX is now no longer with us. Your USFA is just too nice of a gun for fake stag. While some feel elk is not to par with sambar red stage I like it's colors more and it's more American. I just got these this week from Patrick Grashorn. You can get elk grips for a decent price and quick from here:
    http://grashornsgunworks.com/
    [​IMG]
    These I got from him 2 weeks ago.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Do it you will be much more happier than if you did'nt.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  5. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

there is really nothing like the real thing but www.gungrip .com has fake stag didn't know ajax went out of business :(
  6. Hanover67

Hanover67 Member

I agree that real elk stag grips are better. I just didn't know about Grasshorn. The company I was looking for is Tombstone Gun Grips, but its in White City Oregon, not Arizona. Thanks for the info.

By the way, I've been waiting since March 23 for my gun, a new USFA Rodeo II in .44 Special (extra cost, special order). I guess Gen. Patton had to wait for his SAA too...
  7. Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay New Member

Hanover67, sounds like you ordered a nice pakage. What barrel length did you get? I had a USFA Single Action in 44 Special with blue and CCH the barrel was 7 1/2" and it was a very nice gun also very accurate.
  8. Hanover67

Hanover67 Member

The barrel length is 4 3/4". The length of my order so far is 5 months and counting...